Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario complexity is generated by the editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario complexity is generated by the editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario complexity is generated by the editor - 4/19/2019 7:19:10 PM   
larryfulkerson

I was modifying the D21 scenario to give the Axis side a tiny boost in their supply levels and I noticed that the game engine calculated how complex the scenario is and some info about it and wrote all that info at the head of the scenario briefing. Pretty cool, I think.

Attachment (1)

if the human race ever does get to be space fairing and be able to visit other worlds, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario complexity is generated by the editor - 4/19/2019 8:50:19 PM   
Zovs

Larry,

I have also noticed this, however I just did a brand new fresh install about a week or so ago of .20 (the new installer comes as .20) and then I patched it up to .21.

The scenarios that ship with the game all (afaik) show a Complexity and Units as x.xx and x/x, but older scenarios (from TOAW III or before) and those that were converted from pre .20 or pre .21 do not show the correct values, i.e. they show Complexity and Units as 0.00 and 0/0 respectfully. On my local drive I have had to re-open them and re-save them to get this information to show up properly.

I would hope that if there is a .22 patch that more scenarios will be added (the updated ones added and the older versions removed, for example FITE 2.0 and FITE 5.0, or D21 4.3 which is what shipped and D21 4.6, which the author just posted) and all the existing scenarios that do ship with the patch/upgrade will have the correct: Complexity and Units as x.xx and x/x showing for each scenario.

Right now I have all of my McBride scenarios updated in the correct fashion and a bunch of others that I downloaded and updated (even ones that others said they updated, but are not showing the correct Complexity and Unit counts).

< Message edited by Zovs -- 4/19/2019 8:52:15 PM >

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario complexity is generated by the editor - 4/20/2019 12:05:43 PM   
LeeChard

I had not noticed that
Sometimes I don't want to play a game that would last for several nights.
I might be looking to complete it in a few hours.
Like WitP AE this game is going to take a long time to get all the info in my old head!

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario complexity is generated by the editor - 4/20/2019 1:42:13 PM   
Lobster

Under complexity some of the huge scenarios should remove the numbers and simply use the infinity symbol.

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I was modifying the D21 scenario to give the Axis side a tiny boost in their supply levels and I noticed that the game engine calculated how complex the scenario is and some info about it and wrote all that info at the head of the scenario briefing. Pretty cool, I think.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario complexity is generated by the editor - 4/21/2019 1:24:58 PM   
LeeChard

Definitely!

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario complexity is generated by the editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI