Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files? - 4/15/2019 1:51:20 AM   
76mm

Things are progressing quite well with adding the ability to add new units via TOAWxml. But I do have one question, and before spending lots of time testing for an answer, I thought I would check here first:

What is the purpose of the "DAMAGE" attribute for equipment in the game files? eg:

<EQUIPMENT ID="5" NAME="Heavy MG" NUMBER="99" MAX="162" DAMAGE="0"/>

Initially I thought it would be the difference between the current quantity ("NUMBER") and max quantity ("MAX"), but as you can see in the line above, that does not seem to be the case.

The only things I can think of now is that it is used for intra-turn calculations/purposes and then zeroed out at the end of each turn, or that it might be used for certain units, such as naval units, etc.?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to know this so that errors caused by changes (or lack thereof) to this attribute won't crash scenarios edited in TOAWxml...
Post #: 1
RE: Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files? - 4/15/2019 2:25:01 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Things are progressing quite well with adding the ability to add new units via TOAWxml. But I do have one question, and before spending lots of time testing for an answer, I thought I would check here first:

What is the purpose of the "DAMAGE" attribute for equipment in the game files? eg:

<EQUIPMENT ID="5" NAME="Heavy MG" NUMBER="99" MAX="162" DAMAGE="0"/>

Initially I thought it would be the difference between the current quantity ("NUMBER") and max quantity ("MAX"), but as you can see in the line above, that does not seem to be the case.

The only things I can think of now is that it is used for intra-turn calculations/purposes and then zeroed out at the end of each turn, or that it might be used for certain units, such as naval units, etc.?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to know this so that errors caused by changes (or lack thereof) to this attribute won't crash scenarios edited in TOAWxml...

Naval Damage. See 19.8 in the manual.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 4/15/2019 2:32:03 AM >

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files? - 4/15/2019 12:04:26 PM   
76mm

Perfect, thanks much, will check that out, saved me a ton of time.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Purpose of Damage Attribute in gam files? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI