I have only played it once as the Allies, and am about to begin my first PBEM. Keep in mind the game was designed with PBEM in mind, I did make some tweaks to the AI to handle the different scenarios that could come about, but in the vanilla match I played I found the Allied AI to be weak in the pacific and that has not been improved on my end so if you do play solo I would recommend playing Allies vs Axis AI. The match I played against Axis AI was very enjoyable and I purposely went "off script" to test.
As for changes, this was much less adventurous than my WiE mod which dramatically changed research, combat stats etc. This was fully about creating a sandbox with additional events, strategies and political outcomes.
I'll highlight a few important ones;
- Economic warfare against Germany. Germany throughout the game receives imports from Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, USSR,Greece, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Vichy France, Norway, Sweden, Argentina and Turkey. The latter of which you will have the ability to counter throughout the game.
- USA can declare war on the Axis prior to Pearl Harbor
- UK can mobilize the entire Commonwealth including Pacific nations
- Japan and USSR will have to each agree to neutrality pact or will be bound to war by the Tripartite Pact (it's automatic if Axis declare war in 1940 prior to the negotiation however)
- Some minor nations can receive military imports from Majors to grow stronger prior to joining the war, this can either be a defensive deterrent or prelude to an Alliance
- There are many other events and some have been re-written (such as Italy DOW Greece decision) some events are purely what-if such as the UK evoking the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance at the beginning of the war, or if USSR occupied the Baltic Straits.
Give it a go and go off script (evoke the Anglo Portuguese Alliance, Occupy the straits as USSR, Declare war on Japan as USA, activate the entire Commonwealth) it will be a refreshing change if nothing else! I did these four in my match and it was a blast.
Thanks. All very interesting stuff.
Anything done on the game balancing side of things? I see the victory conditions are not changed.
< Message edited by Cpuncher -- 8/14/2020 12:30:29 AM >