Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacements/nationality

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Replacements/nationality Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacements/nationality - 4/7/2019 3:43:10 PM   
mussey

To which country do replacements (that are disbanded back into the pool) replenish? In other words, in a scenario that has multiple allied forces, does each country have to have its own replacement units? My hunch is that it is based on color scheme.

Any help appreciated.

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Post #: 1
RE: Replacements/nationality - 4/7/2019 4:13:05 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

To which country do replacements (that are disbanded back into the pool) replenish? In other words, in a scenario that has multiple allied forces, does each country have to have its own replacement units? My hunch is that it is based on color scheme.

Any help appreciated.

Once the equipment is in the pools there is no way to distinguish where it came from.

If you want separate replacements for different nationalities you must make different equipment for each nationality.

See my Leipzig 1813 scenario for an example.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 4/7/2019 4:15:53 PM >

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacements/nationality - 4/7/2019 4:28:30 PM   
mussey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

Any help appreciated.

Once the equipment is in the pools there is no way to distinguish where it came from.

If you want separate replacements for different nationalities you must make different equipment for each nationality.

See my Leipzig 1813 scenario for an example.

Thanks Curtis, I was hoping for this result, it simplifies the orbat. So any unit of any formation/country can draw from the disbanded replacements as long as it matches the equipment used.

Thanks again!

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacements/nationality - 4/7/2019 5:20:57 PM   
cathar1244

quote:

Any help appreciated.

A modified equipment file can be included for the scenario. In that file, for example, one could have "MMG Squad" units from each NATO country with a different quantity of replacements to draw from, if one wanted to go that route. Makes unit management a bit more complex, but useful in cases in which a country had a very fixed limit of a certain item. I also think things like "Leopard tanks" were not always 1-to-1 exchangeable as countries often modified their kit to meet national preferences. A "standard item" can be surprisingly variable.

Cheers

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacements/nationality - 4/7/2019 11:21:33 PM   
sPzAbt653

You can modify any type of existing equipment, for example if you are not using Light Rifle Squads in your scenario, you can modify that entry into whatever you want. You can also create new types of equipment by using the Blank Spare Equipment slots in the New Equipment category, as seen below. [also see here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4387350 starting with post #30]

Both modified equipment and new equipment will show in the Inventory and Replacements [once the equipment is assigned to a unit]. This way you can have separate Replacement Rates for the Axis Minor Nations, or more mobility by adding Russian Horse Teams that begin arriving in 1942, or add in the Yak-7 which is missing from the original database

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 4/7/2019 11:23:25 PM >

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Replacements/nationality Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI