Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn - 4/5/2019 9:49:59 PM   
MJY

Score: 0
Dear Tech Support,

I am "MJY" and I have been playing "thekman" in Strategic Command: War in Europe. We are on our third and forth games (one each as Axis and Allies). Most of our games/turns have been fine, but on two occasions (since we upgraded from SC: WWI), something weird has happened. The most recent occurrence was (I believe) thekman's turn 70 as the Axis. I received his moves, watched the replay, and responded like normal. I finished the turn and waited for his response.

When the response arrived, I could see my Allied units as I had left them, but the Axis units were behaving oddly. The graphics were all wrong (e.g., at one point an HQ appeared to go on the attack) and his units were in some cases attacking hexes that contained other Axis units.

Eventually I realized that I was seeing the replay of thekman's PREVIOUS turn (i.e., turn 70) for the second time. The replay, in other words, had not taken into account the fact that I had already responded to his moves.

After the replay was finished, I discovered that I was back to the start of what would (I believe) have been my turn 71. I was able to complete the turn and everything seems fine now, but it is odd that we have basically had to repeat a turn. Fortunately nothing too important happened on the repeated turn.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

MJY
Post #: 1
RE: Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn - 4/6/2019 11:15:46 AM   
PvtBenjamin

Score: 0
I have had this happen but not in a while. Best to save the game and then end the turn.

(in reply to MJY)
Post #: 2
RE: Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn - 4/8/2019 2:25:25 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
That could be a hiccup in the PBEM++ server, or if you switch computers mid game this might also cause a replay issue. With the next update, this should be very rare to non-existent.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Repeat of Replay from Previous Turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI