Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 3:06:04 PM   
zzmzzm

Looking for a veteran oppoent , either side.
Post #: 1
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 3:49:48 PM   
slickandjake

Who did you all beat, what was the victory (i.e. decisive victory, major victory, etc.), and which side were you in each match? I would like to enter them into my ELO rankings.

I would be interested in playing you sometime but right now I have enough games I cannot commit to another. While I am not a veteran, I have not lost yet either so I am looking to play opponents I know will be good. I will look you up when I have a free time slot available.

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 2
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 4:23:39 PM   
amandkm

He beat me twice, once on each side.

(in reply to slickandjake)
Post #: 3
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 4:26:06 PM   
amandkm

While I'm at it, I defeated Tidavis twice, once as each side. All 4 games were WaW 1939

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 4
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 4:48:01 PM   
zzmzzm

I only win amandkm once, the other is only wrong click by himself.
I list the oppeont just defeated:
Godriclepreux, amandkm, Thunderlizard11,Rudolf Steiner, Kidegan.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 5
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 5:34:28 PM   
slickandjake

quote:

ORIGINAL: amandkm

While I'm at it, I defeated Tidavis twice, once as each side. All 4 games were WaW 1939

Defeated as decisive victories? Major victories? The type of victory does calculate slightly different, but not a lot. If you don't know I will just go with major victories.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 6
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 5:36:35 PM   
slickandjake

quote:

ORIGINAL: zzmzzm

I only win amandkm once, the other is only wrong click by himself.
I list the oppeont just defeated:
Godriclepreux, amandkm, Thunderlizard11,Rudolf Steiner, Kidegan.

What type of victories? Decisive? Major? Minor? It makes a slight difference in scoring but not much so if you don't know I will go with major. And if by resignation, I just default to major.

And which side were you in each? I am keeping both Allied and Axis ratings, just in case there is an actual advantage being one side over the other. Or if a player is better at being one side versus the other to make more interesting games, i.e. line two NFL teams where one is the best offense and the other is the best defense.

< Message edited by slickandjake -- 4/5/2019 5:41:13 PM >

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 7
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 5:43:16 PM   
amandkm

All of mine were concessions, so I suppose that counts as decisive

Post #: 8
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/5/2019 6:07:59 PM   
slickandjake

quote:

ORIGINAL: amandkm

All of mine were concessions, so I suppose that counts as decisive

Actually I consider concessions as major victories. Here is the difference: Each new player starts with 1000 rating and you would go to a 1015 rating as a decisive victory, and 1011 as a major victory. And zzmzzm considers you lost to him just once. Did you lose as Axis or Allies? Or do you consider both losses?

< Message edited by slickandjake -- 4/5/2019 6:10:34 PM >

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 9
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/6/2019 1:50:17 AM   
amandkm

I played Allies in my loss. The game as Axis he was leading I believe, but it wasn't over by any means. However it was my fault it ended, so can I call it a loss, maybe a Minor?

Post #: 10
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/8/2019 10:27:24 PM   
clausewitzclausewitz

I would be happy to play Allies

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 11
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/9/2019 12:18:27 AM   
Markiss

quote:

ORIGINAL: slickandjake

Actually I consider concessions as major victories.

So, all a player would have to do to avoid a Decisive Defeat is to resign? And the only way a player could gain a Decisive Victory is if his opponent stuck it out to the very bitter end? Why doesn't that seem quite right?

I think that by resigning, a player is acknowledging that the game is going to end in a Decisive Defeat, and it should be recognized as such. A player should never come out ahead by resigning. It is simply a way to avoid enduring a beating.

And as far as this simply "declaring" a game a major or minor victory business goes, if I am not mistaken there are specific conditions for these victories to be awarded, listed in the game for all to see. If players can simply declare a result whatever they want without meeting these conditions, then what meaning do these artificial victory titles have? What is a major or minor victory? Whatever the victor says it is? And of what value would a ranking system based upon these artificial titles be?

I think these issues would probably need to be addressed before you could roll this out.

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

Post #: 12
RE: Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. - 4/9/2019 2:47:41 PM   
slickandjake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Markiss

quote:

ORIGINAL: slickandjake

Actually I consider concessions as major victories.

So, all a player would have to do to avoid a Decisive Defeat is to resign? And the only way a player could gain a Decisive Victory is if his opponent stuck it out to the very bitter end? Why doesn't that seem quite right?

I think that by resigning, a player is acknowledging that the game is going to end in a Decisive Defeat, and it should be recognized as such. A player should never come out ahead by resigning. It is simply a way to avoid enduring a beating.

And as far as this simply "declaring" a game a major or minor victory business goes, if I am not mistaken there are specific conditions for these victories to be awarded, listed in the game for all to see. If players can simply declare a result whatever they want without meeting these conditions, then what meaning do these artificial victory titles have? What is a major or minor victory? Whatever the victor says it is? And of what value would a ranking system based upon these artificial titles be?

I think these issues would probably need to be addressed before you could roll this out.

It's already rolled out. You are free to start one yourself, I wouldn't mind saving my time. This is just a guide to help find suitable opponents. You are free not to participate.

In terms of decisive defeat or not, then perhaps the agreement can be between players that they must resign as a decisive defeat or the player will not accept the resignation. In the grand scheme of things, it only matters a few points in a game and the real separation in ratings will be playing several games.

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> Just win 5 PBEM games last month. 1939 scenario. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI