From: Florida, USA
Here is my proposal for house rules, many addressing what the Allies may do on Dec 7:
Only 1 PT boat (or MTB, MGB, ML, etc) TF allowed per base limited to 6 ships.
Only 1 other defensive surface TF allowed per base, with no limit on the number of ships. So, a base may be defended by 2 naval TFs, 1 PT and 1 other, plus submarines.
No limit on submarines.
Dec 7 (Allies only)
• Naval combatants in port may form TFs and sortie up to 3 hexes from their base. Reaction may be set.
• TFs at sea will continue their current mission, but the mission, reaction setting, and destination may NOT be changed. For example, Force Z will continue north to Singora. This includes submarine TFs.
• TFs at sea but defending a port (CA Houston, RAN TF at Sydney, and others) may not change mission or reaction, and may NOT sortie unless reacting to a threat.
• Loaded transports/tankers may unload at their current base or continue their current mission if at sea.
• Transports/tankers in port may NOT form TFs nor load or unload anything.
Dec 7 (Japanese)
The Japanese will not attack the CV Lexington or Enterprise TFs. They may be attacked on Dec 8, or later.
Ground Force Restrictions
See Political Points
Dec 7 (these apply to both sides)
• Settings for upgrade and replacement may not be changed, except in China.
• Fortifications may not be started, except in China. Port and airfield construction may start everywhere.
• Allied ground units may not move, except in China.
Air Force Restrictions
CAP altitude is limited to 20k in 1941, 1942; 25k in 1943; and 30k in 1944, 1945.
4E bombers may not bomb troops below 10k.
There are no restrictions on strategic bombing.
Dec 7 (except China)
• Allies may only fly search, ASW, naval attack, CAP, and transport missions.
• Allies may not recon or attack Japanese airfields, ports, or troops.
On Dec 7 fortifications may not be started, except in China. Port and airfield construction may start.
No leader may be changed on Dec 7 by the Allies.
PP must be spent to change the HQ of restricted air and ground units before they move out of their national territory. Manchuria is considered a national territory for this rule. US and Canadian units may freely move between those 2 countries.
Air HQ may not change HQ unless all of their assigned squadrons, chutai, sentai, etc. have already been individually changed.
Dec 7 (Allies only) - No Political Points may be expended.
Additions, deletions, comments?