Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 10:08:52 AM   
Mind

I read somewhere that up to 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht. Don't you think such number is really too high? What source of this questionable information? I know that German Field Marshall Erhard Milch was a half-Jew, former Chancellor of West Germany Helmut Schmidt was a quarter-Jew, Nazis even suspected German Field Marshall Erich von Manstein had Jewish roots. Werner Goldberg was "The Ideal German soldier" and his image was even used in recruitment posters. But 150,000 seems impossible...
Post #: 1
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 1:03:40 PM   
Lobster

Do you really expect a country run by a group of insane asylum escapees to act logically? You expect too much.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to Mind)
Post #: 2
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 1:18:56 PM   
rico21

I read somewhere == fake news.
I don't like this thread.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 1:50:27 PM   
TulliusDetritus

October 2003
https://www.haaretz.com/1.4747962

"Bryan Mark Rigg, history professor at the American Military University in Virginia"

Looks like legitimate (= no revisionism).

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 4
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 1:50:56 PM   
Lobster

Another 'somewhere'. Bah. Wrong link. Let me find the right one.

Here it is but it's not any different from the post above: https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/as-many-as-150000-jews-served-in-hitlers-military/

< Message edited by Lobster -- 4/2/2019 2:00:33 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 5
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 2:11:45 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster
Here it is but it's not any different

No different. Reuters picked the story and Haaretz (Israeli newspaper) republished it. Or 11 years later, the blog of your link. Or 16 years later someone asks here

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 6
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/2/2019 11:33:37 PM   
demyansk

Not true, maybe under 1000 but this will never be known. Criminal group of insanity.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 7
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/3/2019 10:26:59 PM   
GaryChildress

There were black soldiers fighting for the Confederacy, same deal with American Indians during those wars, it would not surprise me if there were as many as 150,000 soldiers of Jewish descent in the Wehrmacht. The phenomena is certainly not unheard of.

< Message edited by GaryChildress -- 4/3/2019 10:30:29 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 8
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/4/2019 1:43:08 AM   
ernieschwitz

You know that by saying someone is half-jew you are actually buying into the Nazi definition of races. A jew is someone who believes the religion of Judaism. There is no way that is inherited. Unless of course you can be half-christian, half-islamic, half-... you get the picture. Races are not biological, as genetics has proven, they are a mental construct.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 9
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/4/2019 2:51:00 AM   
Infierno

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

You know that by saying someone is half-jew you are actually buying into the Nazi definition of races. A jew is someone who believes the religion of Judaism. There is no way that is inherited. Unless of course you can be half-christian, half-islamic, half-... you get the picture. Races are not biological, as genetics has proven, they are a mental construct.

My understanding is that the difference is that the term "Jewish" can refer to either race OR religion. Unless there's some other term for ethnic Jewish people that I'm unaware of.

There are physical traits common to ethnic Jewish people, in the same way that there are physical traits common to English people, Irish people, Filipino people, Native American people, etc.

I'm open to being corrected if I'm wrong.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 10
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/4/2019 10:06:49 AM   
ernieschwitz

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/219394

quote:

The strongest sections of this book, not surprisingly, are those that deal with human races generally. Corcos would go so far as to replace the term race with "deme," denoting "groupings." "No matter how many [racial] groups we propose, we always find people who do not fit any one category. Racial classification is impossible because humanity is very diverse, and distinct lines of demarcation among groups do not exist."

So races do not exist (in the biological sense). Social convention may make us group people as one "grouping" or another, but that is a whole different thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_policy_of_Nazi_Germany

quote:

Nazi policies labeled centuries-long residents in German territory who were not ethnic Germans such as Jews (understood in Nazi racial theory as a "Semitic" people of Levantine origins), Romanis (also known as Gypsies, an "Indo-Aryan" people of Indian Subcontinent origins), along with the vast majority of Slavs (mainly ethnic Poles, Serbs, Russians etc.), and most non-Europeans as inferior non-Aryan subhumans (i.e. non-Nordics, under the Nazi appropriation of the term "Aryan") in a racial hierarchy that placed the Herrenvolk ("master race") of the Volksgemeinschaft ("people's community") at the top

Ok, here the sources is Wikipedia, which I admit is of low quality. However this paragraph is pretty well anotated. The sources are legit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4301023/

Final link. Genetic markers cannot determine Jewish decent. I think that says it all.

So what are we left with: Races as understood in the first post above in this thread, can only be understood as being cultural. Thus it is rather strange to call somebody a half-jew. Especially if he/she doesn't practice the cultural definitions of his/her "race".

(in reply to Infierno)
Post #: 11
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/4/2019 9:14:01 PM   
Infierno

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwit
So what are we left with: Races as understood in the first post above in this thread, can only be understood as being cultural. Thus it is rather strange to call somebody a half-jew. Especially if he/she doesn't practice the cultural definitions of his/her "race".

Agreed with you 100%, I was just splitting hairs.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 12
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/4/2019 9:55:39 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mind

I read somewhere

Yeah. Somewhere on Facebook? Somewhere on a website purporting to have the 'truth' about Jews in WW II?

Assertions like this demand sources, citations and extensive primary research. There won't be any because it isn't true.

'I read somewhere' doesn't cut it.

This thread should be locked. It has no place on this forum and I'm amazed moderators have let it go this far.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

(in reply to Mind)
Post #: 13
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/5/2019 3:24:53 AM   
IslandInland

Lock this thread.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 14
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/5/2019 4:03:50 AM   
Rebel Yell

quote:

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

This thread should be locked. It has no place on this forum and I'm amazed moderators have let it go this far.

For what it's worth, I agree, but good luck with that.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 15
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/5/2019 5:03:58 AM   
Mind

I chose this topic unsuccessfully this time. I apologize to everyone if I have hurt or caused negative feelings. I was just wondering if people believe in such sensational articles.

(in reply to Mind)
Post #: 16
RE: 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? - 4/5/2019 9:29:26 AM   
VPaulus

Thread locked.

(in reply to Mind)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> 150,000 Jews served in the Wehrmacht? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI