Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Israeli Counterpunch OOB question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Desert Storm >> Israeli Counterpunch OOB question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Israeli Counterpunch OOB question - 3/29/2019 12:27:53 AM   
Primarchx

I'm wondering why there are EF-111s, which have never been in the IAF and have been out of US service for 20 years, in this scenario?
Post #: 1
RE: Israeli Counterpunch OOB question - 3/29/2019 1:43:58 PM   
stilesw

Primarchx,

quote:

I'm wondering why there are EF-111s, which have never been in the IAF and have been out of US service for 20 years, in this scenario?

Valid point and, in retrospect, I will have to say that it is my design error and the F-111's probably should not have been included vs another type of ECM aircraft. So, I am going to go with two explanations:

1). They have been dragged out of retirement hangers as excess aircraft and given to Israel to do with as they wish.
2). Poetic license on the author's part - it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Thanks for pointing this out and it may be fixed in a future release update. I hope it does not detract from the overall scenario play.

-Wayne Stiles

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 2
RE: Israeli Counterpunch OOB question - 3/29/2019 7:47:33 PM   
ljdramone

Another minor point -- it makes no difference to play, but the scenario has the northern Jericho ballistic missile site centered right around downtown Nazareth. Years ago I worked as a volunteer on a kibbutz not far from there, and that doesn't seem like the most likely site for a large missile base.

The Wikipedia article on the Jericho missile cites this page as a reference, and says most of them are based at "Sdot Micha". This is located southeast of Tel Aviv, roughly halfway between Ashdod and Jerusalem.

Google Maps satellite view shows what I think is probably this missile base, centered about 31.750849N, 34.917984E. Looks like it's about 4 by 2 miles across, with the long axis NW-SE, about 2 miles due west of the town of Beit Shemesh and a mile north of the settlement of Sdot Micha.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 3
RE: Israeli Counterpunch OOB question - 3/29/2019 8:02:04 PM   
stilesw

Laurence,

quote:

Another minor point -- it makes no difference to play, but the scenario has the northern Jericho ballistic missile site centered right around downtown Nazareth. Years ago I worked as a volunteer on a kibbutz not far from there, and that doesn't seem like the most likely site for a large missile base.

Thanks for the information. You obviously know more in this area than I. I will change the location in the next release/update.

-Wayne Stiles

(in reply to ljdramone)
Post #: 4
RE: Israeli Counterpunch OOB question - 3/30/2019 1:47:13 AM   
Primarchx

Good to know, Wayne. I was confused by their presence without any supporting info and wondered why they were there.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Desert Storm >> Israeli Counterpunch OOB question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI