Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Destruction of Ports when invading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Random Destruction of Ports when invading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Destruction of Ports when invading - 3/28/2019 3:29:13 PM   
gomjabbar

Are ports suppose to be randomly damaged when a coastal town is taken over? It makes it difficult to invade if a 12 port is reduced to 2, thus blocking any transports for 3 turns. I've tried several ports like this and it's completely random, ranging from 7 to 2 left on a port that started out as 12. You can reload a turn and get a different value. I see the logic of ports being damaged if the attached town was taking over with a battle, but if it was empty and I drop a unit in it, it shouldn't be completely crippled.
Post #: 1
RE: Random Destruction of Ports when invading - 3/28/2019 3:35:39 PM   
Numdydar

There are still smaller scale units that are not represented on the map that destroy things even if the hex is 'empty'. No city/resource/etc. should be considered 'empty' at this scale of map and units. Plus it does not take a whole lot of effort to damage these facilities where it can take a long time to repair them.

(in reply to gomjabbar)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Destruction of Ports when invading - 3/28/2019 5:40:38 PM   
Xenocide

Also you can still land transports in a port that is damaged. You just have to park the transport in the port on one turn and can unload it the next. Obviously sometimes that approach is fatal but in some cases it is viable.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Random Destruction of Ports when invading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI