Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert storm

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert storm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert storm - 3/28/2019 3:22:14 PM   
sven6345789

In scenarios Invasion and fitst night, you are supposed to transfer cargo between bases.

How can you do it? At least I do not have the option for cargo missions. And I own all other expansions too.

Is there another way?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Post #: 1
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/28/2019 3:32:43 PM   
stilesw

Sven,

The Desert Storm scenarios do not use the cargo facilities. Instead, when the appropriate aircraft (C-130's, C-141's and C-5A's) arrive at destination bases (within a few mile diameter radius of the base) the base's magazines will be populated.

-Wayne Stiles

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 2
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/28/2019 3:34:42 PM   
sven6345789

Hi, thanks, so I fly them there either manually or as a ferry mission, and they will unload automatically?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 3
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/28/2019 3:42:08 PM   
stilesw

Sven,

Yes, that's the procedure. When I started designing the Desert Storm campaign CMANO's cargo features were not fully developed so I opted for this method instead. In any future work I'll more likely use "cargo" as on option where appropriate.

-Wayne

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 4
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/28/2019 4:28:44 PM   
morphin

And can i plan to deploy cargo to Incirlik at the beginning? For example can i start taking off the Galaxy from Travis NOW at start of the game? Or will there detailed requests later.... (for example the Galaxy from Travis neeed to land on Prince Sultan AB)

Thank's
Andy

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/28/2019 4:40:40 PM   
stilesw

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Andy,

As general guidance, the initial tasking is to ferry the aircraft to Incirlik. Upon arrival of certain aircraft types you will be provided with subsequent orders for follow on missions. Some missions can be diverted to follow-on bases directly at the player's discretion but there is a risk that a particular aircraft should go directly to Incirlik to trigger events. (Spoiler, the C-5A "Amway" must arrive at Incirlik at some point for scenario success).

-Wayne

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 6
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/29/2019 3:26:01 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

(Spoiler, the C-5A "Amway" must arrive at Incirlik at some point for scenario success).

-Wayne

I don't think this is true, as I completed it with Amway still Enroute to Incirlik

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 7
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/29/2019 7:04:20 AM   
[BSM]Roby7979

quote:

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

(Spoiler, the C-5A "Amway" must arrive at Incirlik at some point for scenario success).

-Wayne

I don't think this is true, as I completed it with Amway still Enroute to Incirlik

What??
don't you think that's true?! to Wayne?!
the designer of the scenario

LOOL

< Message edited by [BSM]Roby7979 -- 3/29/2019 7:13:57 AM >

Roby7979
Command Modern Operations
Content Creation & Development Support

CMO Discord
CMO Videos

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 8
RE: Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert... - 3/29/2019 3:03:42 PM   
stilesw

Roberto,

quote:

I don't think this is true, as I completed it with Amway still Enroute to Incirlik (Well, Ok, you got me. You can accumulate enough points to complete this scenario in the campaign. But, the points needed to move to the next scenario are just over the "Minor Victory" threshold. If you play it as a stand alone you must have Amway arrive for the points needed for a higher "win" level!)

-Wayne

(in reply to [BSM]Roby7979)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Question regarding Cargo transfer in Command desert storm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI