We have a new Public Beta ready for you to start playing!
The patch is available via the Members and Public download Areas.
• Please see the Global Performance options section if you are experiencing any issues tabbing in and out while in Fullscreen mode on Windows 10. - DXWnd Instructions
• Variable moonlight now corresponds to actual phases of the moon relative to sunrise/sunset.
• Fixed a bug in BoB 40 & 41 campaign where moon rise and set hours went past 24:00 clock during mid-late game.
• Added several tweaks and smarts to make the German AI day and night bomber offensive in BoB more potent.
• BoB: Kg 40 and Kgr 126 units in Brest were maritime patrol and minelaying units. They have been reduced in size from Gruppe to Schwarm (assuming some were used for bombing England) and the balance of He 111's returned to the replacement pool.
• Fixed ops points in BoB and non-campaign BTR scenarios to match rulebook.
• BoB ’40 sudden death clarification: as an addendum to what is stated in the rulebook, at the end of the second 31 day period (turn 62), the German player must have a combined victory total of 10 or more or the game ends immediately (this has been in effect since the initial 2009 release.)
• Modified default max ranges for German HQ in BoB to keep early-game AI bombing missions within fighter escort range.
• Ensured detached groups combine with parent when sharing the same base.
• Overcast display simplified to show OVC (overcast) base and height elevation.
• 'Top pilots' and 'Honor Roll' views now show days until return to service for WIA veterans.
• Luftwaffe units in Balkans "Sud Ost" groups now go on alert normally when Allied raids form up in Italy.
• Fixed duplicate German infantry division showing up on French coast in 1944.
• Ensured ground war events are triggered the same dates in both 1943 and 1944 campaigns. D-Day happens June 6, 1944 (note that the date for D-Day, Avalanche, and East Front collapse cannot be influenced by bombing troops.)
• 88mm FlaK 41 now distributed by AI from AA pools to home defense in BTR. Similar fixes to some RAF AA guns in BoB.
• Map now re-centers only when an event falls outside of the current view. The frenetic screen jumping is greatly reduced, especially noticeable for BoB and the smaller scenarios.
• 'Intercept', 'Set Patrol', and 'Set Doctrine' displays now show Nightfighter Groups in blue for easy reference. 'Set Doctrine' display now lists only aircraft currently in use by that Command, with ability to quick reference aircraft database for selected aircraft type.
• Fixed a bug where the random number generator was always producing the same sequence of numbers at start and not re-seeding. This impacts anything that is randomly set at the start of the scenario, and possibly some other effects.
• Fixed a bug where "lowest ready" aircraft was showing incorrectly.
• Clarified "autoplan missions" button and renamed "set bomber targets" to "autoplan missions". Added hotkey text to menu buttons.
• Verified that changing clock speed from anything but 1 impacts the combat results (as previously suspected). Fixing this bug was very complex so for now clock speed hardwired to 1 and menu button removed. You can still adjust the clock/timer settings under 'Options'.
• Fixed a major bug/exploit where the cloud cover in BoB games would reset to the north edge of the map whenever the map was zoomed out.
• Reworked the Fuel-Oil economy routines and greatly reduced the amount of oil and avgas produced by industry. Added a penalty/benefit to ground troop supply depending on shortage status. Shortages are now much more likely to occur with a dedicated fuel/oil campaign. Both players will be notified when the shortage is in effect, but only the defender will see just how severe it is. Besides needing avgas to fly airplanes, shortages impact the delivery of replacements to ground units in BTR leading to greater ability to break the defensive lines.
Note that Oil refineries do not produce avgas in BTR, avgas comes from synthetic fuel refineries only. Oil in BTR is used only by the home economy and for supplying the ground troops and the excess is stored.
In BoB, avgas comes from weekly port deliveries and oil refineries. Oil that is not converted to fuel in refineries is used by the home economy and the excess is stored. When the demands of the home economy in both games can no longer be met, a shortage occurs.
• Fixed several cases where aircraft were not converting to elint or other types.
• BTR: Fixed several German fighter default doctrines. Also, as the war progresses, Luftwaffe AI doctrine may tend to ignore escorts and become more aggressive toward bomber formations.
BTR: "Wilde Sau" nightfighters Bf 109G-6/U4N and Fw 190A-5/U2 cease production and convert into day fighters sometime before the end of March 1944.