Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

unit_counter_flag_sprites

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> unit_counter_flag_sprites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/27/2019 7:03:48 PM   
TheBattlefield

Score: 0
Hello dear developers,

in an attempt to flag the HQ bases of the small countries, I came across a surprising problem: only the HQ flags of the major countries are displayed. To exclude an addressing error of the modified "unit_counter_flag_sprites" file, I marked the German flag. But this marking is displayed correctly!!!

The Historical Flag Mod of Philippeatbay has shown that the modified bases of the minors can actually be displayed.

Is this a bug or a new feature? Did I miss something?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/28/2019 4:50:37 PM   
Philippeatbay

Why are you puzzled?

If something hasn't been drawn, the game won't display it.

The thing to worry about is whether or not the program looks at a particular spot on a file to find a texture.

If the texture is there, it loads it and you see a flag on the unit base.

If the texture isn't there and that part of the file is completely transparent, it loads that too and you don't see a flag on the unit base.

It was a pretty good bet that the program looks for all 3-D unit base textures because it loads the 2-D headquarters flags.

(in reply to TheBattlefield)
Post #: 2
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/28/2019 8:07:42 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philippeatbay

If the texture is there, it loads it and you see a flag on the unit base.

If the texture isn't there and that part of the file is completely transparent, it loads that too and you don't see a flag on the unit base.

Right. But that's my problem: there are graphics in all positions of the game-relevant minors, but these flags are ignored and only the majors are displayed...

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 3
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 1:29:34 AM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
The game can show minor HQ base flags, they just weren't implemented for release. However, if you modify the sprite file as Philippe did then they can show. Essentially the game is loading empty sprites when using the default graphics, but if you modify, then they will show the non empty modifications.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps,
Hubert

Post #: 4
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 9:43:17 AM   
TheBattlefield

My English seems to be catastrophic, because unfortunately the answers only make sense if my question was incomprehensible!

So a second attempt in short sentences:

quote:

The game can show minor HQ base flags, they just weren't implemented for release.

I know that. That's why Philippeatbay has modified the graphics file "unit_counter_flag_sprites". And that's why I've taken over the modified file and revised for my mod.

quote:

However, if you modify the sprite file as Philippe did then they can show. Essentially the game is loading empty sprites when using the default graphics, but if you modify, then they will show the non empty modifications.

Yes, in principle that should be possible. I modified the sprite file. Nevertheless, the minors are completely ignored in my revised version. Even with the original mod of Philippeatbay, only the majors will be flagged. I can not see any reason for this anomaly. Because all other modifications in my mod are displayed correctly!

Hubert, if you need my modified "unit_counter_flag_sprites" file, then I can send you this graphic.

Since there is no official v1.16 for WiE yet, I have updated and re-saved my Elite Forces Mod in the editor of WaW (v1.02.00). Everything works smoothly. Only the modification of the counter flags is not displayed. No idea why...

I hope my problem has become a bit clearer. Otherwise I have to hire a professional translator!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 12:45:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi TheBattlefield,

My mistake as I had this thread open for a while to respond to and was essentially responding to the first question (as I understood it) without seeing the other responses, I understand the concerns and will look to correct this on my end for the next release.

Hubert

Post #: 6
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 1:14:15 PM   
Hubert Cater

Looks like it should be showing properly in game, and it is just the Editor where it does not show, can you confirm on your end?

Post #: 7
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 2:08:26 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Looks like it should be showing properly in game, and it is just the Editor where it does not show, can you confirm on your end?

Exactly! Ingame: Yes Editor: No

Post #: 8
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 2:17:47 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi TheBattlefield,

My mistake as I had this thread open for a while to respond to and was essentially responding to the first question (as I understood it) without seeing the other responses, I understand the concerns and will look to correct this on my end for the next release.

Hubert

Thank you very much!

Post #: 9
RE: unit_counter_flag_sprites - 3/29/2019 3:43:41 PM   
Hubert Cater

Great, consider it fixed for the next build

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> unit_counter_flag_sprites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI