Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 4:41:01 AM   
incbob

My Background.
I am old enough to remember when TOAW I originally came out. I never really got into it though. I skipped all the way until several weeks ago I purchased TOAW IV after hearing some really good things about it. I am not a Grognard. I do enjoy my wargames though, but usually find that the AI's can give me a good enough run for my money that I do not need to go looking for someone to kick my butt.

I RTFM, yeah I am one of those kind of people, read a bunch of AARs, absorbed all the info I could, but did not actually play any tutorials as they seemed little more than playing a scenario while reading an article. I did at least read the article.

The Scenario
So, for my first ever load up I decided to go with the 1973 Arab-Israeli war. I am taking the place of the Israeli commander, poor Israel. The game starts the morning of Oct 06, 1973. 10KM per hex/Brigade Level.

One thing I did note in the briefing was that as Israel I should not get within 3 hexes of Damascus and 5 hexes of Cairo, like we have to worry about any of that.

My overall strategic plan is simple, survive. I plan on using the IDF air force the grasp and maintain air superiority. In fact, my plan is to keep them attacking the Syrian and Egyptian air forces for the first day or so. I figure Golan Heights will take my main focus for the first couple of days until I know that it is stable, then I will counterattack the Egyptians in the Sinai.

Turn 1 October 6, 1973 AM
The Egyptians start their attack with a bombardment and a crossing of the Suez Canal, while the Syrians start the Golan Heights off with just bombardments. (The Syrians not attacking really surprises me).

The IDF air force shows well for itself, but I note that despite having air superiority and the Arabs losing 88 planes to my 16, my 4th Fighter/Bomber group is already having to reorganize.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/12/2019 5:14:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 5:11:03 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob
My Background.
I am old enough to remember when TOAW I originally came out. I never really got into it though. I skipped all the way until several weeks ago I purchased TOAW IV after hearing some really good things about it. I am not a Grognard. I do enjoy my wargames though, but usually find that the AI's can give me a good enough run for my money that I don't need to find a human to kick my butt.

I RTFM, yeah I am one of those kind of people, read a bunch of AAR and absorbed all the info I could, but did not actually play any of the tutorials as it seemed to be doing nothing more than playing the game while reading an article. (At least I did read the article).

The Scenario
So, for my first ever load up I decide to go with the 1973 Arab-Israeli war. I am taking the place of the Israeli commander, poor Israel.

The game starts the morning of Oct 06, 1973. 10KM per hex/Brigade Level.

One thing I did note in the briefing was that as Israel I should not get within 3 hexes of Damascus and 5 hexes of Cairo. Like we have to worry about any of that.

My overall strategic plan is simple, survive.

I plan on using the IDF air force the grasp and maintain air superiority. In fact, my plan is to keep them attacking the Syrian and Egyptian air forces for the first day or so. I figure Golan Heights will take my main focus for the first couple of days until I know that it is stable, then I will counterattack the Egyptians in the Sinai.

The AI is default and everything else is set to advanced.

Hey there Bobby dude. You've chosen one of the better scenarios and you're in for a treat with that game. Please keep us informed about what happens in your game. I'm subscribed. Is this the situation where Isreal has to defend against four or five Arib nations? I'll have to google this battle to learn more about it. Find out what in the world the real life Isreal did. Maybe you could form a mobile defense group to be able to defend places quickly. Once the brushfire is out at one place it can move to another place and defend there, etc. Isreal is roughly in the middle of it's enemies, giving them interior lines, enabling movement of of your reserves to hot spots quickly. That's a plus. You are correct in planning on taking out the enemy air forces first thing. Air superiority will grant you the ability to move troops by helicopter without getting shot out of the air. Dropping paratroops or special forces into deep DZ's is possible. You can fly all the INT you can without worrying about horrendous losses. Your CS missions will be a little bit more effective. Other than that I'm fresh out of advice. I can hardly wait to see what you decide to do.

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 2
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 5:21:10 AM   
incbob

Turn 1 AM 10/6/1973

I am really surprised by what I felt was weak Arab first turn attack. With surprise, I would have thought they would have attacked a lot more especially in the Golan Heights.
IRL Both Israel and the USA had some warning that there might be an attack. Both ignored it thinking that there was no way Egypt would be able to cross the Suez Canal.

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 5:30:54 AM   
incbob

T1 AM Sinai Sector
Start with the Sinai I see that the Egyptians have crossed the Suez just as they did IRL. Looking over the situation I see that they have three possible means of advancement.

1) North along the coast road.
2) Center going from Lake Timsah or a little south from Little Bitter Lake into Tasa or Bir Gifgafa. Both leade to the major crossroads of Bir Gifgafa so I immediately recognize it needs to be held.
3) Through the Mitla Pass, which the Egyptians took in the morning.

I move the 460th Armor Bgd/252 Division to Bir Gifgafa and order it to dig in. I also order the 217th Armor Bgd/162 Division to move along the coastal road. As it does it causes the Egyptian Special Forces on the road to retreat. I order other units to move toward the front.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 4
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 5:41:40 AM   
incbob

Turn 1 AM Golan

I am rather happy to do nothing, but advance units towards the front lines. I specifically strengthen the north flank and the south flank of the front line. (Perhaps I could roll one back). In fact, I did not plan to make any attacks as I was unsure of how wise they were. However, looking I notice what I feel are weak elements of the Syrian 9th division right in the middle of the Syrian line.

The planner gave me dismal odds. Something like 1.2 to 1. As this is my first time playing I figure why not see what happens.

Surprises really do happen on the battlefield and my units advance?

Is there a way to load more than one picture on a post?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/12/2019 5:43:11 AM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 5
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 5:44:55 AM   
incbob

Golan End Turn 1

Note that this picture is taken at the beginning of turn 2 with reinforcements on the board, but with no movement.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/12/2019 5:45:28 AM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 6
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:11:09 AM   
incbob

Turn 2 Oct 6, 1973 PM

I immediately get to start turn two and go first (this actually worries me since I wonder will the Arabs get back-to-back turns).

I continue to pour units into the Golan Front. Again I have initially no plans to attack, especially considering it is night, but after reviewing my units I decide to make a couple of attacks to hit weak Syrian forces and hopefully degrade a couple of their more powerful formations.

I had more information on the attacks, unit names etc, but I lost that information. Remember, hit the save button.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 7
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:14:31 AM   
incbob

My air force continues to degrade the Arab air forces and my attacks don't do as well as I had hoped. They are disasters, but other than hitting the 20/2 formation good my attacks are ineffective.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 8
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:18:38 AM   
incbob

My T2 10/6/1973 PM Sinai

On the Sinai Front I do nothing but continue to advance my units toward defensive positions.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 9
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:26:32 AM   
incbob

Golan Arab Turn 2 10/6/1973 PM

Please note that I had unit names and more information, but again lost it while trying to upload to the forum.

The Syrians strike with a vengeance against my units that had advanced inflicting heavy casualties while the Arab air forces attacked the IDF airfields. Though the land losses are heavy the I only lose 3 planes to their 63 and maintain air superiority.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 10
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:27:27 AM   
incbob

Golan Heights end turn 2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 11
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:30:13 AM   
incbob

End of Turn 2 Egyptian Front.

On the 2nd turn there is some activity on the Egyptian front as they continue to drive the forces of the Bar Lev line off the Suez Canal and make small advances. No real major combats though.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/12/2019 6:34:48 AM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 12
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 6:34:22 AM   
incbob

Posting this AAR to this forum is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have been on forums before, but the difficulty in posting pictures is very trying. When I initially started I thought it would be like many other forums. This led to me making several errors which included losing some information on units that had performed some attacks. I find that I am going to have to re-think how I have done my AAR and saved my information.

It has though made me admire more those that have done AARs and posted them with pictures.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 13
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 7:08:57 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Please note that I had unit names and more information, but again lost it while trying to upload to the forum.

I too have lost text when trying to post something. I learned to type my text beforehand using Notepad or some other text editor
and then doing a copy / paste when attempting to post it. I have never lost what I spent a lot of time typing any longer.

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 14
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 9:17:34 AM   
incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
I too have lost text when trying to post something. I learned to type my text beforehand using Notepad or some other text editor
and then doing a copy / paste when attempting to post it. I have never lost what I spent a lot of time typing any longer.

Just to let you know how dumb I am. I did type it into MS Word in fact. However, when I went to post I cut instead of copy. I then got lost in trying to figure out how to post a picture and the post I was making got exited out of...there goes the info.

I have switched a little how I am doing things and hope to do better going forward.

Post #: 15
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 4:54:00 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Is there a way to load more than one picture on a post?

There's a limit on the forum that you can load only a single image but I've seen other gamers upload their images, 4 or 5 images, to a file server on the web and then in their post they use the [ image ] URL_to_NameOfImage [ / image] tags to embed their image in the post. I've looked for file servers that will supply you with only the image file instead of sending a web page with ads and a download button that you have to click on, and I haven't be able to find such a file server site yet. Your mileage may vary.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 16
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 7:32:09 PM   
incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
There's a limit on the forum that you can load only a single image but I've seen other gamers upload their images, 4 or 5 images, to a file server on the web and then in their post they use the [ image ] URL_to_NameOfImage [ / image] tags to embed their image in the post. I've looked for file servers that will supply you with only the image file instead of sending a web page with ads and a download button that you have to click on, and I haven't been able to find such a file server site yet. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to figure the best way to post this information. I do have some webspace, but know that it will not last a long time, I will end up deleting the pictures, and therefore after being embedded in the post they will disappear at some point.

Post #: 17
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 9:18:36 PM   
MikeJ19

incbob,

Welcome to the Forum and I'm enjoying your AAR. Good luck!

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 18
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 9:21:06 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Nice to see an AAR using the Stack Counter Values!

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 19
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/12/2019 10:35:18 PM   
incbob

FYI

I have completed turn 3 and 4. Even written them up. I am working on a better way to post them. Would love to just put a link to a webpage (I could easily do that), but fear that is not what people would want. Will post something tomorrow March 13th. (To late in day now.)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 20
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:43:04 PM   
incbob

10/7/1973 AM Israeli Turn 3 (Second Day of War)
First a quick overview from day one.

Air War
Looking at the air force the only unit I have some problem with is the 3rd Ftr/Bomber group. Their readiness is down to 52 so I am going to order them to rest. The AO has my fighters running air superiority missions and my bombers attacking enemy airfields and this looks pretty good to me. So far, I have lost 22 aircraft worth noting and the Arabs have lost a reported total of 140+.

(Is there a way to look up enemy losses? I just added this up from the air reports.)

Land War
On land I feel I am in a much better position than I should be. The Syrian army has tried no advancement in the Golan Heights and even have a whole in their front line. The Sinai front is about as bad as it was historically. The Egyptians have crossed the Suez and established strong footholds on the east side of the canal. However, this foothold appears to be weak.

In the south, east of Suez city (As Suways) the Egyptians have some artillery, an armored recon Bn and a Mechanized Bgd. These do not look very powerful when I see they are facing off against 3 Brigades (401 Armor Bgd/252 Div, 204 Mech Bdg /252 Div, and the 35th Para Bgd/143 Div). Thank goodness no cooperation penalties. However, I note that there is are 2 Mechanized Bgds and an Armored Car Bn just across the Bar Lev line that could strike towards the Milta Pass or north to the crossroads and airfield of Bir Gifgafa.

What I call the center (Great Bitter Lake) sees sparse Egyptian units and is strongly held by air units and the 460th Armor Bgd/252 Div in Bir Gifgafa itself.

As far as Israel is concerned the north, along the coastal road, appears to be the Egyptians strongest foothold. Strong formations of the Egyptian 2nd Army have advanced and appear to be able to push through and take Tasa and the area south of the coastal road with ease.

Historically the Egyptians crossed the Suez, got a strong foothold and then basically dug in. Their war plans did not call for an advance across the Sinai into Israel, but only to advance across the Suez and gain a foothold. In fact, when planning the attack with the Syrians the Egyptians created two plans, one showing them advancing across the Sinai that they showed the Syrian Generals, and the real plan of crossing the canal and digging in. This would create a lot of friction later in the war as the Syrians were getting pressed they kept asking the Egyptians to start attacking and advancing only to receive no reply.

Jordan
Just in case I have left the 2nd Infantry Bgd/440th Div along the Jordanian border where it can respond north or south.

Historically Jordan was consulted before the war. In fact, King Hussein secretly traveled to Israel and warmed the Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, but she did not believe him. During the war Israel warned Jordan not to enter the war and after the debacle of the 6 day war in 1967 I think the only way Jordan would have entered into the war is if Israel Tel Aviv was occupied or both Damascus and Cairo were taken by Israel.

On land I have lost a little over 5% of my Assault AT Squads and over half my Medium MG. What has me really bothered though is that I have lost 10% of my Centurion's and a little over 10% of my M48 Patton III's.

Plans
I plan to continue the air war as it is going and allow the AO to continue to degrade the Arab air force.

For the Sinai the Egyptian Forces look weaker, but this seems to be the thornier task to tackle. The coastal road (why is there always a coastal road?) needs reinforcements and I do not think I am ready to try a counterattack. My center, based in Bir Gifgafa, appears strong so I am going to maintain the area. Looking at the weak forces west of Suez City makes me want to counterattack, but I do not have any units prepared for a reserve, so I am going to wait.

For the Golan I am going to try to exploit the whole that has been created in the center of the Syrian front and try to adjust my forces northward to take Mount Hermon.

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/13/2019 12:44:19 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 21
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:46:13 PM   
incbob

IDF execution Turn 3

The IDF air force again hammered the Egyptian airfields. The IDF maintained air superiority at a loss of 9 planes versus the Arab 52.

Golan
The IDF 31st Para Bgd/36th Div and the 7th Armor Bn/3rd Bgd/36th Div attacked Syrian special forces at Mount Hermon taking it with light losses.
The IDF 108th Mech Bgd/240th Div with strong support attacked units of the 9th,1st, and 7th Syrian divisions (including the 7th Division HQ) driving them back and advancing a full 20km into Syria.
The IDF 6th Infantry Bgd/36th also continues to attack the center forcing the Syrian 42nd Mech Bgd/9th to retreat, but the 6th Bgd is unable to advance.
All other units on the Syrian front adjust and move units up to the front.

Sinai.
On the Sinai there is no counterattack, but movement in order to better try and defend. Several units are to deeply engaged however.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 22
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:47:40 PM   
incbob

Golan end my turn 3 10/7/73 AM

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 3/13/2019 12:48:29 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 23
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:49:39 PM   
incbob

Sinai End my turn 3 10/7/73 AM

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 24
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:51:26 PM   
incbob

Arab turn 3 10/7/1973 AM.
This is the turn that I have been so badly dreading.

Golan
The Syrians finally got off their butts and made a move. South of Mount Hermon the Infantry and Mechanized units of the Syrian 7th Division and Syrian Special Forces attacked the 679th Armor Bgd, 17th Armor Bgd/240th Division, and the 36th Armor Bn. The IDF armor had to retreat with the loss of 93!!! centurions (They lost 32 T-55's and 33 T-62's). The only good news is the Syrians could not advance and thereby cutoff my Mount Hermon units. In the center of the line the Syrian 1st Division and 9th Division attacked the 600th Armor Bgd/162 Division causing it to retreat (Arabs lose 23 T-55s, 16 T-62s and the IDF loses 27 Centurions). Meanwhile 79th Armor Bgd/240th division was forced to retreat by an intense artillery barrage that saw the loss of 16 Centurions to 19 T-55s.

Finally, at the far southern end of the front the Syrians made a push against the 2nd Infantry Bgd/440th division and the 11th Artillery Bgd/146th Division. The IDF brigade had to retreat after serious losses allowing the Syrians and the 1st Armored Bgd from Morroco to advance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 25
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:52:55 PM   
incbob

Arab turn 3 10/7/1973 AM.

Sinai

Things were bad at Golan, they did not get better in the Sinai.

In the North the Egyptians cleaned up the remaining Bar Lev units and tried to push along the coastal road. The Egyptian 2nd, 18th, and 21st divisions all made tentative attacks against a force made up of 1st Artillery Bgd/162nd div, 8th Armor Bgd/252nd div, and the 247th Para Bgd/252 division. The Artillery and Para's retreated, but the Armor held its ground. The battle was even in tank losses, but the Egyptians lost a lot of infantry. The Egyptian center again cleaned up Bar Lev units and made one attack against the forces south of Tasa, but the IDF held on. The south was no better as the Egyptians advanced without combat strengthening their foothold.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 26
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:54:32 PM   
incbob

There are two battles that are not shown in the picture.

At this point the IDF has lost a little under 20% of assigned Assault AT Squads, about 10% M113 APC, 35% of the Centurions tanks, about 21% of the M48 Patton III tanks, 12 A-4 Skyhawks, and 11 F-4 Phantom II's. The losses are killing me. I cannot sustain these kind of tank losses

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 27
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 12:59:00 PM   
incbob

Turn 4 10/7/1973 PM (Night of second day of war)

It is a night turn so I do not plan on having many combats, none if I can get away with it.

Golan
In the Heights things look to be going very well. Mount Hermon has been taken and though the units holding it have their southern flank is wide open it is an easy move for the 679th Armor Bgd/240th, 17th Armor Bgd/240th Division, and the 36th Armor Bn./2nd/7th to retake the land they retreated from and dig in. Several units along the front need the night to reorganize and build up their strength.

1st Armor Bn/188th/36th 39% ready
660th Armor Bgd/162 42% ready
2nd Armor Bn/188th/36th 35% ready
79th Armor Bgd/240th is reorganizing after having lost 1/3 of its Centurions 35% ready
1st Infantry Bn/2nd Infantry/440th is also reorganizing.

Except for the 79th it does not appear that man of these units have suffered great losses. So, with no attacks it is just a matter of maneuvering units and digging in.

Sinai.
In the Sinai however, there are completely different issues. I would like to not attack, but I fear if I don’t several units will be left to die.

Along the coastal road the Egyptians have the 15th Armor Bgd/2nd Army moving to the south of the road threatening to cut off my northern Bgds.

In the center I have a real problem and a real dilemma. The units that hold Tasa and the area around Tasa are about to be cut off and encircled. Bir Gifgafa is an airfield and major crossroads. It is vital that it be held and I have strong units there: 460th Armor Bgd/252nd, 7th Infantry Bgd/252nd 18th, Artillery Bn/252nd, 33rd Air Defense, and the 2nd Zidon Bar Lev Garrison. So, the question is do I move out the armor and infantry brigades to attack keeping the lines to Tasa open, but thereby reducing the defense of Bir Gifgafa?

Then there is the question of the air forces role. I would like to set my units for interdiction or a last final airfield attack (what the AO recommends) before I unleash then upon the Arab armies in the morning. However, I wonder if I do counter in the Sinai should my air force lend support.

I decide this is too important.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 28
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 1:00:08 PM   
incbob

Golan Heights end of my turn 4 10/7/73 PM

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 29
RE: A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War - 3/13/2019 1:01:27 PM   
incbob

Sinai my turn 4

In the north 217th Armor Bgd/162nd with strong support attacks the Egyptian 15th Armor/2nd Army and inflicts a loss of 46 T-62s for the loss of 3 Centurions and 2 M48 Patton IIIs. Causing elements of the 15th Armor to retreat west. The 217th Armor then continues its assault against 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Bn of the Egyptian 15th Armor. The 2nd and 3rd are destroyed and cease to exist leaving only the 1st Bn to retreat. This leaves the Egyptian 90th Mechanized/2nd Army encircled where it comes under bombardment from the 6th Artillery Bgd/162 and 17th Artillery Bgd/443th. It suffers 4% casualties.

In the center I use the have the 460th Armor Bgd/252nd, 7th Infantry Bgd/252nd to attack advance recon units of the Egyptian 23rd division. They are about wiped out with little losses as they advance. The 460th Armor Bgd continues its attack against recon units, inflicting heavy losses, and advances along the road to Tasa until it moves south to attack recon units of the Egyptian 16th and 23rd divisions along with the 6th Mech Bgd/4th. This destroys the 16th recon and causes all others to retreat allowing the 460th to advance leaving a firm path to Tasa. Meanwhile the 110th Mech Bgd/252nd joins the 7th Infantry Bgd in attacking elements of the Egyptian 3rd division causing them to retreat (destroying the 67th Anti-tank Bgd), but are they are unable to advance.

In the south the 401st Armor Bgd/252nd joins the 204th Mech Bgd/252nd and 35th Para Bgd/143rd to attack elements of the Egyptian 4th division and 3rd Army. This forces them to retreat allowing the 35th Para to advance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> A Newbie does 1973 Arab-Israeli War Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI