Thanks Devs for the Console Games!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

radic202

Thanks Devs for the Console Games!!

Post by radic202 »

I just had the joys to raed that Wold of War 2 will be heading to the Console (notably PS4) in the spring. Even though that I would I own the entire series on Steam, having this on the PS4 (or even the Switch) are consoles witch are My preferred mode of play is phenomenal and would not hesitate to purchase all over again. I do understand that Most of you have or only have Computers.

In my view, I really like to play JRPG or WRPG and mostly those are only PS 4 exclusives, so I need to use on.
Having "World War 2" would only add to my arsenal of games. (I do own another game byb the same company, but the name escapes me know) I love sitting on my Authentic "lazy Boy" reclining chair back and playing away in games tremendously ENTERTAINMENT even it had PlayStation trophies...

Now, if Panzer General and Panzer General 2 which is not release yet would be extraordinary!!! I do understand that some on these Forums find the console generation for us that don't , we look forward TO MORE CONSOLE GAMES...

I do understand that some games are impossible to play on the console as they are too intricate like the ones by Gary G. I even purchased one of our competitors "Stellaris Console Edition" even though I already have it on Steam. Heck I have their Iron 4 and 5 or if it 3 and 4?

So for those who play a lot on throe PS4 or Swish, Please Dev Team KEEP IT!!!

Oh I can't wait!!! How about a Screens shot to show some picture Yes I would
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
wodin

RE: Thanks Devs for the Console Games!!

Post by wodin »

Only time I'd like a console is for the odd console exclusive like Last of Us or Red Dead Redemption. Though how on earth you play FPS with a controller no idea!

Apart from that my PC has always outgunned any console by a good way.

As for JRPG then it's a Nintendo XL or Switch, a handheld console.
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

I enjoyed console when i was a kid, but i grew up. Now i'm an adult, computer. Something in me changed, what, i dont know, but i cant stand console gaming anymore.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: radic202

Now, if Panzer General and Panzer General 2 which is not release yet
Panzer General II was released in 1997 [:-]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: radic202

Now, if Panzer General and Panzer General 2 which is not release yet
Panzer General II was released in 1997 [:-]
Good catch i believe he meant Panzer Corps 1 & 2 lol.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
nickkovalski

Post by nickkovalski »

It's true
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Odds are Google is putting the nails into the coffin of the console if my eyes were seeing what I think they were seeing the other day.

Consoles, originally made to play games that are increasingly no longer required to be physical items purchased in brick and mortar locations. I was in my local EB Games the other day, and the games were 25% of floor space and relegated to the back as if they were no longer relevant. I only visit to buy Sailor Moon toys :)

If Google can deliver any form of gaming, to your computer, including all of the console market, buying the next iteration of the ridiculously expensive console will simply be a poor use of cash. Why buy a console, if it can't offer anything a computer can provide?
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Tbone3336_ssl

Post by Tbone3336_ssl »

The main thing holding back google or any streaming service tends to come down to the quality of ones internet services. More places have dsl quality of service than much higher speed service even today. If they can as they, say mitigate the lag especially on faster pace games to almost zero then that would be a game changer but I am still doubtful at this time.
Tbone3336_ssl

Post by Tbone3336_ssl »

Working on a PC all day, all week, I have longed for a good wargame to come to console. If they can get the controller right, sitting back and relaxing, even while playing on a monitor is highly desirable for me compared to M/KB. I have played many turn based Strategy RPG games and there are some really inventive controller schemes that I think would work well with a wargame menu interface. Some have a radial menu come up by using the triggers and joystick and with a little practice I can zip through menus just as fast as with a mouse.

I am definitely looking forward to supporting any games headed to PS4 or Xbox in the wargame genre.

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

A controller is just a device. You can use any device on a computer as readily as a console.

But the internet connection comment is a good one.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

buying the next iteration of the ridiculously expensive console
3DO was just that with $699.99 price tag in 1993, and $ had more value back then. Has there been any game console with such a price tag in recent years? In matter of fact, high end game consoles have more muscle than computers with equal price. Cheap game consoles around $100, like Sega Mega Drive Flashback HD, make excellent cost efficient gifts to give around. There is still a place (or several) for game consoles.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I always buy physical game copies. I pay the same price as download copies and when I'm done I bring them back to Gamestop and get a trade in value towards my next purchase. On an A+ title I've receiced as much as $20. IMO buying a download copy leaves money on the table.

Return to “General Discussion”