Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. - 3/6/2019 8:34:33 AM   
Iamstrategygame

The campaign scenario I am talking about is Smolensk 41

In my recent game I was able to use my tanks plus fast mechanic infantry and I punched a hole in the Russians defense. But with only 12 turns to go and needing 4 more objectives to win what should I have done?

What I chose to do was encircle and kill off the Russian army, however my AI opponent was able to fortify his objective with reinforcement and I only manage to get 2 of the 4 objectives needed for a win. In the end I got a draw

By the way I also send out 3 fast units the cut off railway and bridges, the ai was hurting bad on supply!

Should I instead not kill his army and just keep pushing with half of my breakthrough army? but if I do that my man will be overextended and under supplied!

< Message edited by Iamstrategygame -- 3/6/2019 9:01:42 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. - 3/6/2019 8:58:48 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iamstrategygame

In my recent game I was able to use my tanks plus fast mechanic infantry and I punched a hole in the Russians defense. But with only 12 turns to go and needing 4 more objectives to win what should I have done?

What I chose to do was encircle and kill the Russian army, however my AI opponent was able to fortify its object and in the end I only got a draw.

By the way I also send out 3 fast units the cut up all the rail way and bridges.

Should I instead not kill his army and just kept pushing with half of my tank and mechanized infantry? but those troops with be to far extended.

IMHO you should start the 'Road to Moscow' series from Rob 'Hawkeye' Kurz; much more improved and playtested.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Iamstrategygame)
Post #: 2
RE: Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. - 3/6/2019 9:01:08 AM   
Iamstrategygame

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iamstrategygame

What I chose to do was encircle and kill the Russian army, however my AI opponent was able to fortify its object and in the end I only got a draw.

By the way I also send out 3 fast units the cut up all the rail way and bridges.

Should I instead not kill his army and just kept pushing with half of my tank and mechanized infantry? but those troops with be to far extended.

IMHO you should start the 'Road to Moscow' series from Rob 'Hawkeye' Kurz; much more improved and playtested.

Klink, Oberst

are you saying its not my fault that I drew against the stupid AI? And yes the Russians seems to have endless reinforcement!

< Message edited by Iamstrategygame -- 3/6/2019 9:21:12 AM >

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. - 3/6/2019 12:31:39 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Give Rob's series a try... they are challenging.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Iamstrategygame)
Post #: 4
RE: Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. - 3/6/2019 7:07:34 PM   
larryfulkerson

+1

"Am I in hell? I thought there would be more country western music."
Paulogia, 2019

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Please advice me on proper blitzkrieg technique. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI