Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/5/2019 1:05:31 PM   
TheStoneDog

As per title, is there any way to activate the New Dawn features (mainly I'm interestd in the TO&E editor) while playing Bombur mod?
Post #: 1
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/5/2019 3:54:43 PM   
ernieschwitz

It would be very easy to allow for the TO&E to be added to any scenario.

I think it can be done in about 30 mins or less. However I would not want to do it, to a scenario unless I got the authors permission. I would let the auther do it, since later versions of the scenario (that might fix other issues) would then not have the TO&E Added.

(in reply to TheStoneDog)
Post #: 2
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/5/2019 7:07:48 PM   
ernieschwitz

Regarding the Officer code, it is not easy to transfer, and even Vic (the original coder and game designer) encourages you to invent your own if you want them in the game (in the notes to the code). The model code, I am not familiar with, but as this is a bombur mod, it would take away some of the uniqueness I think :)

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/5/2019 7:42:20 PM   
Bombur

TOE is already activated....

Post #: 4
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/6/2019 12:44:07 PM   
TheStoneDog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bombur

TOE is already activated....

Then there's something weird going on, because I cannot see the "Change Model" and "Model Designer" buttons. For the record, I'm using v1.06 (pretty old, but the most recent I could find in the scenario bank) and I've edited defaultmod.txt.
Thanks for the quick answers though.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's also a Bombur1930 mod, updated way more recently. Is that what I should be using? Does it still reach 1960s tech? Is the tech progression only tied to the date, or can I still choose where to invest my hard earned PPs?

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 5
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/13/2019 1:46:49 AM   
bobarossa

In bombur1930 mod there are only a few techs (half dozen?) that aren't tied to the date.

Post #: 6
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/23/2019 4:50:46 PM   
AMSwift

Yes, the TOE may be added to older mods and scenarios. Pace ernieschwitz, I would do it freely ... but only for myself, and not for sharing publicly.

Load the scenario. On the scenario description window, click the button at the bottom marked "Edit".

A map will appear. At the top-left corner of the screen, you will see a number of buttons, each allowing you to edit some portion of the scenario. Click on the one on the top row marked "Setng", or "Settings".

At the top-left corner of the Settings interface, you will see a scrolling list called "Property Sheets". Select "RuleVars".

At the left-center of the Settings window will now appear a list called "Rulevar Groups". Click on "Enable/Disable Features".

In the list of Rulevars that now appears, you will see, after you scroll down to the bottom, Rulevars 531, 532, and 534. If any of these do not have the value "1", then click on each, press the button "Change Rule Value". In the pop-up window, enter the value 1 and click OK.

Now you need to save your changes. At the top-left corner of the screen, in the collection of button there, click on Map. The map will appear. Below the map, you will see a computer icon. Click it. Click on Save. Use a new name, such as "Bomburmod1930v140-TOE.at2".

(in reply to bobarossa)
Post #: 7
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/23/2019 5:31:26 PM   
ernieschwitz

Excellent little guide there...

Missing just one little key ingredient, and that is where the TO&E icons are located. There are several ways of doing this of course, but the fastest one is to just reference the standard TO&E icons in newdawnmodgraphics
This is done by selecting the blue <- located just below the property sheets menu in setng. It's name is SystemGfx Overrule... Here just paste or type in newdawnmodgraphics, and it will work.

Also no need to enable the model SF designer. So the last rulevar 534 should be 0

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 3/23/2019 5:39:57 PM >

(in reply to AMSwift)
Post #: 8
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/24/2019 12:33:19 AM   
AMSwift

Thanks for these corrections. Another thing about editing older scenarios that I do not know is how to get the NATO icons to actually display on on-map formations that have been assigned a TOE.

Post #: 9
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/25/2019 4:04:55 PM   
ernieschwitz

I have a slight addition to the TO&E instructions. Not too hard, but still important ones. TO&E has two functions. The first is the graphic changes and structure of the unit, we got that down. The second function is the autoreinforce part. That is the part that allows units to trickle down the command structure, until it reaches the final desitination. The following rulevars need to be changed too, thus. They must be set as the following if you want the same settings as in A New Dawn:

337 = 1
339 = 1000
340 = 3
910 = 0.5
911 = 0.25
912 = 2

All of those settings can be found in the rulevars on the last menu item in the Rulevar Groups: Direct Production, Autoreinforce, Officerpool.

Sorry for not remembering it to begin with...

(in reply to AMSwift)
Post #: 10
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/25/2019 4:05:21 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: AMSwift

Thanks for these corrections. Another thing about editing older scenarios that I do not know is how to get the NATO icons to actually display on on-map formations that have been assigned a TOE.

I wasn't aware of this...

(in reply to AMSwift)
Post #: 11
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/25/2019 4:11:07 PM   
ernieschwitz

I think I realized why you icons don't show in those Scenarios. You need to enable rulevar 344 (us historical units), for it to work.

Of course the same goes for the above instructions. Once again sorry.

Post #: 12
RE: New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? - 3/26/2019 3:02:28 AM   
Ormand

I forgot about this, but you can find out a lot about the TOE system at http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=tables_of_organisation_and_equipment. This is an in depth description on the ATWiki.

The page for AT engine rules (with more info) is: http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=engine_rules

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Dawn Features in Bombur Mod? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI