FITE2 Karsten Axis, larry Soviets, 04:29 3/5/2019

After Action Reports
larryfulkerson

FITE2 Karsten Axis, larry Soviets, 04:29 3/5/2019

Post by larryfulkerson »

I watched about 4 minutes of the combat replay but my theater recon value is so low I could see only the adjacent Axis units moving. I wasn't getting much out of the combat replay so I skipped the rest of it and I checked all the aircraft and I discovered that 95% of them are red and need some rest badly. I'm going to move all that will fly to the Moscow area and let them refit for several turns. I set one of my RR engineers in motion and one of Karsten's bombers decided to fly an INT mission. It was my understanding that one of the house rules was that the Axis wouldn't fly any INT missions so I was surprised when one struck my moving unit.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (425.28 KiB) Viewed 749 times
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
Ammann

RE: FITE2 Karsten Axis, larry Soviets, 04:29 3/5/2019

Post by Ammann »

Upps ..... that's my mistake .... for how many turns does this rule apply here with no interdiction
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Ammann
Upps ..... that's my mistake .... for how many turns does this rule apply here with no interdiction
Here's what the house rules say about that. I think no INT at all ever is kind of severe.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (162.47 KiB) Viewed 749 times
Ammann

Post by Ammann »

Okay ...... I'll turn it off and it will not happen again .... shame on my head

We tried to play it via the server, but somehow it did not work ......... these are the aircraft losses of the soviets in the first turn on my second attempt to play it via the server.

However, I have no idea if the number of downed or damaged aircraft is correct ... Larry can certainly say more

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

For a game of this length the server is far too unreliable. Imagine playing 200 turns and then the server ruins the game. [:(]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Ammann

Okay ...... I'll turn it off and it will not happen again .... shame on my head

We tried to play it via the server, but somehow it did not work ......... these are the aircraft losses of the soviets in the first turn on my second attempt to play it via the server.

However, I have no idea if the number of downed or damaged aircraft is correct ... Larry can certainly say more

Hey Karsten dude: this doesn't look like the Soviet aircraft losses. And now I'm curious.
Ammann

Post by Ammann »

Yes but that's how it appears ..... well, at least the number for the Germans is almost ..... I've checked and I've lost 76 machines

Whether the number of soviets is right I do not know .... you can look
cpt flam

Post by cpt flam »

enemy air losses can go as much as 2.5 real
so 7150can be 2 860, that seem possible
Ammann

Post by Ammann »

That with the aircraft losses was already a problem in TOAW3 because the indicated number was wrong
Ammann

Post by Ammann »

Ende Turn 2

The first week of the Russian war is coming to an end.
The peaks of the 8th and 6th Panzer Divisions reach the river Dvina and thus Riga.
Now there is a call for our bridge builders so that we can quickly overcome the current.

HGM units will reach Minsk next round and open the fight for the city.

Behind Army Group Center we have all Waffen SS units pulled together. I will do the rest of the game Sun. Also all incoming associations are incorporated into it.
Then I have my own SS corps or an army, so to speak. I think I will keep these associations either as a spearhead for offensives or as a reserve.
Maybe it will be different.

In the area of HGS Kamenka included the complete 4th mechanized corps of the Russian.

Meanwhile, the 9th and 13th Panzer Divisions are reaching the Stalin Line ..... which still looks just like a base.

For the rest, the 2 turn was quite normal and unspectacular ...... it had already dissolved existing boiler and formed new for the whole scattered Russians.
The latter are in turn resolved until the next round so that the material of these units does not go back into the pool.

PS:My interpreter is called Google[8|]
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the situation around Murmansk right now. I've advanced as far west as I care to because of the supply levels....they are way too low to sustain operations so for now this is the way it's going to stay for a long time. I suspect that the Axis units will find the supply levels too low as well and they probably won't put their boots on and venture outside.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (514.46 KiB) Viewed 751 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The Axis recon units are arriving at Riga just as I'm vacating the place. Everybody that can move is going to run for the hills. The Soviet units near the center were running for the hills and were overtaken by the Axis recon units. I'm hoping they can drop the bridges they are on before they get killed. I'm surprised that the Axis units have gone so far so fast. I wasn't expecting them until T3 or so. I've lost the footrace to the river. Axis units are going to be streaming over the river before I can get some units here to stop them. And the other crossings are still open as well. The Axis forces will likely capture them before I can drop the bridges. I'm falling behind schedule. I need to rail a bunch of people to this area to try to stem the flow.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (473.94 KiB) Viewed 751 times
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Will follow the AAR. I hope it will be a balanced one with a close race if Soviets can take Berlin according to the historical date, as most AARs seem to see Soviets winning easily in FitE? Good luck and endurance!
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I hope it will be a balanced one with a close race if Soviets can take Berlin according to the historical date, as most AARs seem to see Soviets winning easily in FitE?
Me too. I mean, I agree. So far it's been a really exciting game for me.
gliz2

Post by gliz2 »

Murmansk should not be an objective for ze Germans. Not enough supply for taking it.
On the other hand it is quite eady to operate around Lahti to cut the Murmansk-Leningrad railway and thus achieving similar result - cutting the Soviets from convenient gateway to North sea transportation.
Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Murmansk should not be an objective for ze Germans. Not enough supply for taking it. On the other hand it is quite easy to operate around Lahti to cut the Murmansk-Leningrad railway and thus achieving similar result - cutting the Soviets from convenient gateway to North sea transportation.

That sounds like a really good idea for Karsten. I'd best move some people into that area just in case he thinks that's a good idea too.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

My R&D department recently moved into their new lab and compared with the old office they worked in, this new one is a warehouse. They need the space because they are working on a new technology weapon: a particle beam weapon. They put together a proof of concept model about the size of a kitchen table that fires electrons and they discovered that the power output wattage is about 400 times lower than the power needed for punching holes in aluminum instantly. The engineers told me that they were going to switch to shooting protons since they are about 2,000 times heavier than the electron and if they switch to bigger magnets they have calculated that the impact of the proton beam would generate a temperature of approx. 2,015 degrees C in about half a second.
The gamestopper is the size, weight, and volume that the device has. That and the magnets we need to use aren't being built yet. Electromagnets about the size of a small car, 8 of them, aren't going to be easy to construct. Plus, the engineers have calculated that the amount of heat generated by the magnets would cause the stator to expand enough to drag on the surface of the magnets, which are ordinarily about 0.02mm above the stator, causing the outside case to heat up enough to turn cherry red and the sensor on the outside case will trigger an automatic shutdown. All this happens in about 2 seconds.

So we're going to install some liquid helium heat exchangers to cool down the magnets quickly and hopefully keep them that cold. We're going to start further tests again in the spring. It's going to take that long to construct the new electromagnets. New ones because we have to take into account the piping for the liquid helium this time. Considering that liquid helium costs about $15,000 USD for a gallon and it takes four of those containers to fill the weapon fully it's really expensive. The helium levels are good for about an hour and a half.

One of the engineers has started working on a smaller version that can be mounted on a multi-engine host. A bomber has been requested of the Luftwaffe for a suitable platform and they have agreed to send us an He-111, in about a week. They have to repair all the places in the skin that have jagged tears and almost-round holes. Plus there's a lot of avionics that needs to be replaced and recalibrated. The workers think they can get it ready for it's test flight in about two and a half days but their supervisor has had much experience with slipping schedules and he's seen the plane and it's got so many holes that he's sure it's going to take the better part of a week. He CAN'T be late with it. He's decided that if it still needs work after the deadline he's going to send his maintanence crew with the plane when it leaves so that they can finish their work on the plane and then worry about getting the crew back later. We'll call it a TDY.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what's going on down south. I've got a place right in the middle that looks really bare, very few defenders, and that's probably where Karsten is headed. A lot of my troops are surrounded and being slowly liquidated. I've depicted where I'm defending along the river by the blue lines and you can see where there are gaps and lots of weak spots and needless to say, this group of Soviet units aren't going to hold anything back for very long. This is not the best place to defend. My Alamo line is on the east side of the river that flows through Kiev headed south. I can't remember the name of that bad boy just now. Dneper?

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (588.39 KiB) Viewed 751 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a section of the front lines south of the middle of the marshes and you can see how I'm trying to make a stand along a convient river to see how long I can delay the Axis advance if possible. I've got about 25 brand new divisions, most of them just now spawning this turn, awaiting some rail cap to move to the front and take part in the fight. It's 25June41 and the days are hot and humid and heat stroke is a possibility. There's no way to rotate the fresh units forward right now, so a lot of the Soviet units in this image are moving NW and south to form new MLR's as soon as they can. The Axis units arrived sooner than I had planned and there's many many bridges still functional because I didn't get there in time to drop them. The advance is moving a lot further than I thought possible and my planning hasn't taken that into account yet. I've moved a lot of AAA units out of the Moscow area into the 'field' in preparation to deploying all the ready squadrons into the field all at once in order that they can support each other and present a solid front of air cover from top to bottom. With the priority being the northern areas, from Leningrad to Minsk especially, although there's plenty of aircraft to cover everything, albiet sparcely.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (532.96 KiB) Viewed 751 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've received some new moves from Karsten and this is the T3 view of the northern front lines. Karsten has gotten some units across the river and is headed north. His follow on forces are clearing out his backfield and soon those units will arrive on the front lines in about two or three turns. I plan on blocking as many crossings as I can for as long as I can to stem the flow of Axis units.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (571.89 KiB) Viewed 751 times

Return to “After Action Reports”