Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame -

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 8/24/2020 8:38:42 PM   
Michael T

quote:

but like so many others the developers quit at about 90-95% when they were so close to having a decent game

So true. No PBEM, no buy.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 31
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/24/2021 12:44:04 PM   
pzgndr

FWIW, there was a small update with AI Improvements posted recently on 4/29/2021 [HERE]. But no patch notes, and no other comments from the developers? Apparently they are still poking at it. It would be nice if they poked at it a bit more to resolve a few bugs, improve gameplay, and basically finish what they started. This really is a nice little game at the scale and scope (German corps/Russian armies) I would love to play more and I'd say it's about 90% there. It just needs a little more work. I don't understand why developers put in so much effort to create a fairly decent game but then, POOF!, they disappear. Whatever...

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 32
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/24/2021 1:14:53 PM   
Lobster

Two years and only one person reviews it on Steam?

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Wearing blinders and earplugs everything you do is correct.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 33
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/24/2021 3:31:41 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster
Two years and only one person reviews it on Steam?

Bill Gray wrote a game review at Wargamer.com soon after the game was released, prior to the AI being implemented. To me, that carries more weight than Steam reviews by folks I don't know.

I have provided my comments here and also on the Steam discussion board. Maybe after I run a few games with this latest AI update I may post a critique on Steam. I don't need to rehash Bill Gray's review, but maybe formally posting some constructive criticism will prompt the developers to work on another update patch or two. There a lot of potential here not going anywhere fast.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 34
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/24/2021 7:10:10 PM   
Lobster

Well Bill did say it was neither the best nor the most innovative. So basically it's more of the same and there are better out there to spend your money on. And the fact that only one person bothered to post a review on Steam tells me no one felt it worth their time even after two years. Heck, there's not even anyone complaining about dishing out the money for it and being disappointed.

This update by the reviewer and only one review would certainly scare people off:

"UPDATE - 7/23/20 - Unfortunately, it seems this game has been completely abandoned by its developer. The game crashes every time I try to save, rendering it unplayable. Sadly the game itself is pretty good, but not worth buying."

You should probably post your own review at the Steam store so when people go to look at the game they see more than that one reveiw.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Wearing blinders and earplugs everything you do is correct.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 35
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/24/2021 8:45:49 PM   
demyansk

Tired of east front games

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 36
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/27/2021 2:58:40 PM   
Gus_Durham

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing this game. The environment in the game looks historical in terms of stylistics, and the following features can be distinguished: strategy and indie. I will need to try playing when there is more free time.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 37
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/28/2021 12:12:39 AM   
Rosseau

The game no longer works for *me* but please check it out before the Steam refund time is up to be sure it works for you!

(I get a Runtime 76 error whether I change the name of the install folder or not. That used to be a fix)

Also, posted about my issue on Steam, but no reply. Too bad, as I think they patched it a while back and that may have done it for me.

(in reply to Gus_Durham)
Post #: 38
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/28/2021 12:19:28 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau
The game no longer works for *me*

The game never worked for me either, in Steam. Not sure why. But it runs directly when I use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Barbarroja_New\Barbarroja.exe" where it's installed. Just need to create an icon and set it in Properties.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 39
RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - - 5/29/2021 12:40:44 AM   
Rosseau

Thanks my friend. I copied the folder over from an SSD, where I installed it, to the directory you suggested. Getting it to work is half the fun!

Best wishes!

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Barbarroja - New Wargame - Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI