Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

to give Allies more chances ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> to give Allies more chances ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
to give Allies more chances ? - 6/20/2003 9:09:18 PM   
deVada

Hi Folks !

Don't You think that after several adjustments made in order to give Japanese players some chances - the game became a bit too hard for Allies ?

Main problems I see is too weak warheads of US rockets, too low damage done by 500lb bombs and poor accuracy of TBM's and fighers on bombing missions.

200 F6Us plus 50 SB2Cs and 50 TBMs should have no problem with sinking 50 Japanese transports. In game - it is a stunning success to sink 10.

What are Your opinions ?

the more You play - the less You understand ... :p
Post #: 1
- 6/24/2003 4:18:34 AM   
Bernard

Agreed.
I also find the game strangely unbalanced in terms of dates :
before a certain date (say 09/42) the japs succeed in anything they do
after they cannot place one hit even with 1000+ aircarfts attacking.
i get some weeks 600+ jap planes wiped out of the skies, all with NI as mission, by Aircaps on allied CV TF's ... while the CV TF advanced off Indonesia, with hardly any air support from neighbouring bases.
why in hell can i not score hits from time to time ?
Ah - exp rate was above 65 in average.

Ben

Verzage ni

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 2
- 6/24/2003 2:51:50 PM   
boba

Hm, in my exoirience Japanese CVs can still make a strike in '43. In my current PBEM game my CVs were able to sink 1CV (Big E) and 1 CVL and damage 2 more CVs in a carrier battle (my CVs sustained only minor damage) and it was in Jun-July '43... Needless to say, I was pleasently surprised with that outcome :D

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 3
- 6/25/2003 8:50:53 PM   
varjager

Why the allies.As a Jap player you dont have that much to do after fall 43.THe allies CV Tfs knock all planes out of the sky so easy.There is not that many hits from the Jap side.If the allied player masses 5 to 6 CVs in one TF then there is not a chance in hell to land a Bomb on any of them.

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 4
- 6/25/2003 10:27:15 PM   
boba

[QUOTE]Originally posted by varjager
[B]Why the allies.As a Jap player you dont have that much to do after fall 43.THe allies CV Tfs knock all planes out of the sky so easy.There is not that many hits from the Jap side.If the allied player masses 5 to 6 CVs in one TF then there is not a chance in hell to land a Bomb on any of them. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. It's now october '43 in my game and efficancy of Japanese AF dropped extremly. I had situations where more than 100 dive and torpedo bombers attacked surface TF (they were highly experienced CV squadrons) only to score couple of hits with no apperent damage :confused: Also my LBAs performed slightly better (for example, they menaged to get one DD sunk, 1 BB slightly damaged out of some 5BBs, 3-4 CLs, 10-12 DDS in attacled TF) but only after 4-5 attacks from different groups (each attack consisted of 60-90 LBAs) and extreme losses to AA fire.
I think that Japanese combat efficency drops from the second half of '43 'till the end of the game, probably it's hardcoded in a game...

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 5
- 6/29/2003 10:45:28 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Mmh, the reason why the Japanese resorted to Kamikaze attacks was that conventional bombing attacks had no chance of success anymore against US CAP and AA. Of course there are always the exceptions of one plane sneaking in for a single lucky hit - CVL Princeton comes to mind. But overall I would say that the decline of Japanese airpower is well modelled in PW. I'm not aware of any harcoded combat efficiency drop, it should be normal attrition coupled with low experience of both replacement pilots and new air groups.

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 6
**** with kamikazes ! - 6/30/2003 9:49:42 PM   
deVada

Does anybody WON a game vs human japanese player starting from 1941 ?
I see it hardly possible ...

:p

the more You play - the less You understand ... :p

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 7
Well, let's test it! - 7/1/2003 1:39:20 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

[QUOTE]Originally posted by deVada
[B]Does anybody WON a game vs human japanese player starting from 1941 ?
I see it hardly possible ...

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Not with v3.2 - but I'm willing to try :D. PBEM anybody?

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 8
Japanese Victory - 7/1/2003 3:13:56 AM   
mogami

Hi, The leading cause of Japanese victory is allied players trying to move too fast. The very first thing the allies should do is secure Central Pacific. Build all the airfields and defend them.

Protect the route to India.

Protect Austraila.

Don't attempt any offensive before securing the defense.

Devine the Japanese plan. Study movment and troop/ship commitments. Move defense in front of (but far enough back to not expose) Japanese thrusts. Hopefully at somepoint in the future the Japanese will over extend and then be vulernable to counter attack. (The Allies must not try offensives before inflicting a costly defeat on Japanese)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 9
Early Fighting in India - 7/3/2003 10:15:37 AM   
Capt. Harlock

"Protect the route to India"?? If the Japanese player is experienced and aggressive, forget it. The LCU's that SEAC has in Dec. '41 range from poor to worse than useless. An LCU with an experience lower than 20 is essentially a mechanism to turn Allied supply points into Japanese kill points. Better think about evacuation.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 10
- 7/3/2003 12:45:16 PM   
varjager

Even in 43 it hard for the Allies to hold on to India if the Jap player turns about and attack with full force.Depends of course on how the battle down south goes.

(in reply to deVada)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> to give Allies more chances ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI