Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request - How about a real map mod?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Mods >> Request - How about a real map mod? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request - How about a real map mod? - 2/26/2019 4:24:15 PM   
BigDuke66

We have now at least 2 sets of mods that switch the look complete to boardgame style, Telumar & Cabido afaik.
But did anyone ever think of making at least the map more "map style"?
So you know what I mean:
http://www.mapmod.se/index.htm

Post #: 1
RE: Request - How about a real map mod? - 2/26/2019 6:08:55 PM   
rhinobones

Other than hex side rivers, what do you see as the big improvements over existing TOAW maps?

Regards, RhinoBones

< Message edited by rhinobones -- 2/27/2019 3:10:29 AM >

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2
RE: Request - How about a real map mod? - 2/26/2019 10:36:19 PM   
Lobster

Are you saying you want TOAW to look like Tiller Campaigns? Which are all 1km per hex.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3
RE: Request - How about a real map mod? - 2/27/2019 3:19:26 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster
Are you saying you want TOAW to look like Tiller Campaigns? Which are all 1km per hex.

I think that various Tiller Panzer Campaign terrain mods look much better than TOAW, in fact they are quite nice.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: Request - How about a real map mod? - 2/27/2019 3:26:26 AM   
Lobster

I suppose you could copy it. Might be an email about copyrights and stuff. Then the black vans show up in front of your house while the black helos hover overhead. Before you know it you are in a dark room with a bright light in your face and voices from the dark asking you questions for which you have no answer. But as long as you promise to bear witness against the leader you'll be granted immunity from being sent to prison and locked in a room with a big guy named Bubba who calls you sweet cheeks.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Request - How about a real map mod? - 3/1/2019 1:54:55 AM   
BigDuke66

@rhinobones
Well the main should be a better visibility, the current graphics try to depict the terrain in an almost miniature way, while that is nice in some combinations it's just bad to recognize something.
The boardgame mods do that but that is the opposite end of the current graphic set, these mods are so styled to look like a boardgame that it's too much for my taste.

@Lobster
Got nothing to do with scale of 1km, it's just that the map mods for Tiller tried to make it look more like you're looking onto a typical map(at least in soem aspects). As that is what we actually do I miss it because we neither look onto a boardgame(boardgame mods) nor onto a miniature terrain(current graphics).

@76mm
Nice is and understatement. For the 2 WW1 games map mod graphics were later used as standard in-game graphics and replaced all the original graphics.

@Lobster
Not sure if a simple copy would work, the Tiller scale is always 1km and so you can depict things in a certain way that may looks silly in TOAW when you got 10km or even larger maps.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Mods >> Request - How about a real map mod? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI