Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fite first turn aircraft losses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Fite first turn aircraft losses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fite first turn aircraft losses - 2/23/2019 5:53:30 PM   
Ammann

Hello everybody.

We recently started a PBEM with Fire in the East version 5.0 under TOAW 4 version 4.1.0.21.
At TOAW 3 you were relatively well on your way when you destroyed or damaged the 3000-3500 Soviet planes in the first turn.
But now, after 6 combat rounds, we have come to a result of 4,855 destroyed or damaged Russian aircraft with a loss of 126 aircraft of their own.
One should think that this was a successful start?! Has anyone gathered more experience?

Post #: 1
RE: Fite first turn aircraft losses - 2/23/2019 8:39:26 PM   
larryfulkerson

That number of Soviet planes shot down and the number of Axis losses sounds perfectly normal to me. I've seen numbers like that before. Good for you. Good hunting.

if the human race ever does get to be space fairing and be able to visit other worlds, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

(in reply to Ammann)
Post #: 2
RE: Fite first turn aircraft losses - 2/24/2019 8:54:26 AM   
gliz2

In my latest game I was on the other end. Less than 2500 Soviets planes destroyed with 5 or 6 German planes lost.
On the best T1 I saw over 5,000 Soviet planes destroyed with ca. 100 German losses.

From my observation anything above 3,500 is the desired outcome for the Germans as this is the sweet spot for them to have total air superiority.

Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Fite first turn aircraft losses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI