Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis Minors joining

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Minors joining Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis Minors joining - 2/23/2019 12:21:11 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Got a decent game going, standard happy path German strategy. I did lose North Africa. I'm building up for Barby after an Air war against London.

[Question] Why hasn't Romania & Hungary join Germany, while Bulgaria did early?

Meanwhile, Yugo joined the Allies on its own. I didn't see any massive Diplo by my Allied opponent. No Hungary is now 80% or something. Romania only 58%? WTF. Costing me huge MMPs and staging sites. Barby starts in 2 turns.

March 25, 1961, Elvis Presley performed in Hawaii his USS Arizona Memorial Benefit Concert. Elvis staged concert was to raise money for a memorial at Pearl Harbor dedicated to all who died in the December 7, 1941 attack.

Post #: 1
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/23/2019 2:09:35 PM   
ThunderLizard2

Yugo joins the allies by even early in '41. As Axis, you can get them to join Axis if you put most of your diplo into Yugo from the start.

As to Romania, Hungry and Bulgaria - I don't know the code but there is some RNG going on. Hungry always joins first and usually early. Then Romania and Bulgaria usually by early '41. Someone probably knows that actual code that drives this.

I found this in the '39 manual:

Countries like Italy, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria will ultimately enter the war on your side,
though the exact timing will vary from game to game.

< Message edited by ThunderLizard2 -- 2/23/2019 3:32:28 PM >

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/23/2019 4:23:51 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Thanks, I'll just deal with. See what happens. If I got halfway into Russia with no join, I'll send some Panzers to convert them the hardway.

March 25, 1961, Elvis Presley performed in Hawaii his USS Arizona Memorial Benefit Concert. Elvis staged concert was to raise money for a memorial at Pearl Harbor dedicated to all who died in the December 7, 1941 attack.

(in reply to ThunderLizard2)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/23/2019 5:50:14 PM   
Cohen_slith

I had too none of them joining even if I got in '42 which is quite odd.
France was conquered in mainland (Vichy was not established but they were hanging around Algiers) and the rest of continental Europe was under Axis heel. In my case I do not know if the event has been scripted with feet and required France to have been conquered instead of just offering the armistice or else. But it is very iffy as it is now.

Post #: 4
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/23/2019 8:43:14 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

August 1941, just DOW on Russia. Hungary will join when I get the turn back. Romania still not in. Turkey just popped 10%, this dude might have bought a chit of Diplo, no idea. Also DOW on Spain, they will surrender next turn. USA jumped from 47 to 71 on the Spain DOW. War still goes in Yugo, will take me couple more turns due to the goofy terrain from NE Italy. Need these troops in Poland/Russia border. The worst part about no Minors, NO MMPS. Missed out on alot of them for builds.

(in reply to Cohen_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/25/2019 4:36:29 PM   
amandkm

So, you're going West, east, and southeast without minors? That is... ambitious. If you don't mind, keep us updated on how it goes.

How is Asia looking?

Post #: 6
RE: Axis Minors joining - 2/25/2019 6:51:54 PM   
Schokolokos

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

[Question] Why hasn't Romania & Hungary join Germany, while Bulgaria did early?

I guess you invaded Spain?

You can not invade 2/3 of European Territory and still expecting everyone is joining you voluntarily.

This is good for balancing reasons, because if you get them for free too, then the Axis economy would be too much privileged.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Minors joining Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI