Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie here

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Newbie here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie here - 2/11/2019 6:19:49 PM   
bladesinger79

Old war dog from the days of Harpoon, recently purchased CMANO. As all of you know, real lack of scenarios to choose from. No campaigns at all. Tried to make my own, but I'm computer illiterate (How did I EVER make it past college? Oh yeah, asked the librarians...). So, looking to download anything that covers the GIUK region and the Atlantic between NATO and Russia/USSR. Standalone and campaigns are fine with me. Recommendations?

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie here - 2/11/2019 6:54:38 PM   
Whicker

do you have the community scenario pack?
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

or search the mods forum here, or the steam stuff (not a steam user so not sure where that is).

Not saying specifically that you will find what you want exactly, but there are tons of scens out there.

more towards what you are looking for:
Norther Fury by Gunner is a huge set, as well as Norther Inferno which is a paid set.
http://northernfury.us/?wpdmcategory=northern-fury

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/589/details/Command.Northern.Inferno.

If you dig thru this thread you may find some to your liking too - based on the book Red Storm Rising
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4329157&mpage=2&key=

< Message edited by Whicker -- 2/11/2019 6:57:14 PM >

(in reply to bladesinger79)
Post #: 2
Excellent - 2/11/2019 7:29:51 PM   
bladesinger79

I have "work" to do...heheh.

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie here - 2/11/2019 7:57:55 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: bladesinger79
Old war dog from the days of Harpoon, recently purchased CMANO. As all of you know, real lack of scenarios to choose from.

You may not remember this, but Harpoon in its initial release had a grand total of 12-15 (varied by version) scenarios to choose from, one of which (The Gauntlet) was essentially the tutorial. CMANO started out of the gate with 40+ scens, plus 3 tutorials. There are now literally hundreds of free scenarios to play, plus dozens more in DLC expansions (including many of your favorite "North Atlantic & GIUK" taste).

As all of us know

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/11/2019 8:04:29 PM >

Post #: 4
Hmm - 2/11/2019 7:59:20 PM   
bladesinger79

I downloaded the Community scenario pack. Most of the missions does not seem to work. Either I downloaded this incorrectly or there's something else going on.

First, I downloaded the winzip files. Next, I extracted to the Command files. I placed a new file in the scenario directory as CommunityScenarioPack040 and added the scenarios there. I placed all the other files (configs, etc) in the main directory. Did I just goof this up?

< Message edited by bladesinger79 -- 2/11/2019 8:02:16 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Hmm - 2/11/2019 8:04:19 PM   
Ancalagon451

Have you updated to the last build (998.18) game comes "out of the box" still at build 998.4, you can see the version number in the top left corner.

Ancalagon

Post #: 6
RE: Hmm - 2/11/2019 10:18:30 PM   
bladesinger79

Nope, epic fail. The version says: Command: Wargame of the Year Edition - Build 570

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 7
RE: Hmm - 2/11/2019 11:04:50 PM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bladesinger79

I downloaded the Community scenario pack. Most of the missions does not seem to work. Either I downloaded this incorrectly or there's something else going on.

First, I downloaded the winzip files. Next, I extracted to the Command files. I placed a new file in the scenario directory as CommunityScenarioPack040 and added the scenarios there. I placed all the other files (configs, etc) in the main directory. Did I just goof this up?

Yes, by the sounds of it.

Just unzip the contents of the .zip file to /Scenarios or a subfolder if you like to keep things more organised. There's no need to put .ini or other config files in separate folders or the main directory.

Also build 570 is very old. This is most likely causing (or at the very least compounding) the issues with not being able to run scenarios.

This post has the download link.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/11/2019 11:07:42 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Hmm - 2/11/2019 11:24:12 PM   
ultradave

I would second the recommendations. Based on what you are looking for, the Northern Inferno DLC (which I think might be $14.99 - well worth it) is a campaign with a group of very challenging scenarios.

Northern Fury is part of the community pack and has a back story (including an upcoming book) to go with it. It will keep you busy for ages.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 9
Ok... - 2/12/2019 11:50:10 PM   
bladesinger79

UPDATE: I have the v.1.14.8 on winzip. Want to make sure I do this right so I ask where do the files go. I know how to extract, but from there, could be a problem.

apache85 said, "Just unzip the contents of the .zip file to /Scenarios or a subfolder if you like to keep things more organised. There's no need to put .ini or other config files in separate folders or the main directory." Is this all I have to do?

Go ahead, laugh at me. I did humbly inform you all that I am not computer skilled.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 10
RE: Ok... - 2/16/2019 1:46:50 AM   
bladesinger79

Well, the update isn't working. Tried to download patch 1.14.9, but didn't work. Guess I'll find another way.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Newbie here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI