Troop Generals and Load Troops action

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

bubb_tubbs

Troop Generals and Load Troops action

Post by bubb_tubbs »

Admittedly, I'm relatively new to the DWU scene so perhaps this has a setting I'm not aware of, or has been previously discussed, but is there a way to have the transport ships or troop-carrying warships to automatically retrieve a Troop General after a ground combat action has concluded, without manually going into characters and reassigning them?

If not, this seems like a QOL upgrade we should be looking into for DW2, because it's damn tedious if you do a lot of ground actions in various theatres like I do and then have to worry about every single troop general being reassigned to their particular fleets.

I'd think a simple system similar to garrisoning would suffice to make it more manageable: any General that's not assigned as a garrisoned commander is picked up by the fleet loading troops at that location.

Thoughts?
Retreat1970

RE: Troop Generals and Load Troops action

Post by Retreat1970 »

Not that I know of.
TanC

RE: Troop Generals and Load Troops action

Post by TanC »

Been struggling with this as well myself, with no luck of a solution. Any implementation of the garrison system that you propose or even just "locking" the general to a ship would just make it good enough for me.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”