Scenario: Operation Eagle Guardian, Release Version 3
Focus Area:Baltic States, Western and Central Europe, and the Mediterranean
Scenario Length:6 Days, 12 Hours
STEAM Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1651845487
UPDATE 2/10/19: Operation Eagle Guardian has been released! Version 3 of this scenario is attached. Thanks so much to everyone who has offered feedback so far. Updates in this release:
• (General) Briefing and Description Updated
• (General) Victory Point Scheme Overhauled
o (NATO) Various adjustments to point values for destruction of certain Russian combatants; point value now awarded for destruction of Russian fixed-wing AEW.
o (NATO) Point value substantially reduced for saving RyanAir Flight 441
o (Russia) Various adjustments to point values for destruction of certain NATO combatants; point value now awarded for destruction of NATO ISR aircraft.
• (NATO) RAF Tornados and associated loadouts removed from RAF Akrotiri, consistent with real-world conditions
• (NATO) F-35 aircraft in Norway and UK set to “novice” proficiency due to outstanding technical limitations of delivered F-35s
• (NATO) Removed FGS Erfurt reflecting recent collision in the Kiel Canal
• (NATO) Removed six (6) Lynx Mk88 helicopters as BRAUNSCHWEIG-class motherships were not eligible; added two (2) P-3C Maritime Patrol Aircraft and increased relevant munitions
• (NATO) Restocked the Charles de Gaulle’s magazines for AAM, buddy stores
• (NATO) Added Meteor armament for Project Centurion Typhoons at RAF Coningsby
• (NATO) Restocked AGM-114K Hellfire missiles at Amari and Lielvarde ABs
• (NATO) SM-3 missiles added to USS PORTER and USS DONALD COOK consistent with ABM mission
• (NATO) Doubled the magazine stocks of Italian carrier GIUSEPPE GARIBALDI
• (Russia) Added Pantsir-1 SHORAD systems to assist in defense of Kaliningrad S-400 battery
• (Russia) Removed impractical number of AA-13 Arrow missiles for MiG-31 interceptors and replaced with AA-9 Amos. Adjusted relevant scripts to reflect.
• (Russia) AA loadout for Su-35s at Voronezh adjusted
UPDATE 2/4/19: The attachment has been replaced with Version 2 of the scenario, accounting for initial feedback from many kind reviewers. Specific updates:
* A fix has been identified and implemented for Russian forces prematurely declaring NATO "hostile"
* Helicopters intended for deployment to docked naval vessels have now been named after their intended mothership
* Weather adjusted consistent with forecast for 10FEB for Tallinn, Estonia
* Issue corrected that caused Russian Kilos to run surfaced
* RAF Nimrods removed from scenario due to real-world obsolescence
NOTE: This version of the scenario is released for public testing, and players may encounter critical faults or balance issues. Bug reports, positive and negative feedback, and technical critiques are eagerly desired.
This scenario reflects a conflict over control of the Baltic States between NATO, its regional partners, and the Russian Federation. The scenario pits Moscow's anti-access/area denial (A2/AD) strategy and “home field advantage” against the more-capable - but smaller and readiness-impaired - forces of NATO and its partners.
NATO's goal - the player's - is to prevent a Russian "fait accompli" invasion of the Baltic States, wherein Russian forces defeat NATO ground forces and sufficiently degrade NATO's ability to liberate its easternmost members. You must degrade and defeat Russian military assets essential to Moscow's battle plan and retake key facilities necessary for a sustained counterassult within the allotted timeframe.
The scenario also attempts to model how conventional conflict can escalate into nuclear conflicts, and you must avoid unnecessary escalation. Nuclear weapons may be employed under certain circumstances, but at extreme risk. Strategic nuclear exchange will result in scenario failure.
Players should utilize the beginning of the scenario to deploy air and naval forces to support your battle plan. Take the opportunity to assign support helicopters to appropriate naval vessels early in the scenario, as this opportunity is temporary. Please also ensure that Special Messages are active, and carefully review the Side Briefing and any Special Messages.
All of you have my sincere thanks and hopes that you will enjoy this scenario. Thank you!
< Message edited by gpotter511 -- 2/10/2019 8:01:51 PM >