Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issues with air planning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Issues with air planning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues with air planning - 1/21/2019 8:00:45 PM   
MikeJ19

I'm having a couple of issues with the air planning - which has lead me to thinking more about when and how things are decided in the air war.

1. If I have assigned air missions in my turn are they used at the beginning of the next turn to decide AS and Int numbers?

2. In my current game, the air assistant is constantly resting all my air units. Is this because many of their readiness levels are in the 30s?

I have run a bunch of searches in the manual, but have likely missed something... Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachment (1)

Mike

Retired Gunner
Post #: 1
RE: Issues with air planning - 1/23/2019 1:51:11 PM   
gliz2

I always TURN OFF the Air Assistant. I cannot understand his choices and also it interferes with my plans constantly.

Based on my FITE2 experience: the air missions will be used/executed in the turn they were set.

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 2
RE: Issues with air planning - 1/23/2019 10:38:03 PM   
MikeJ19

Gliz2,

Thanks for the response. I've decided to stop using the air assistant, too. Hopefully this will help me get better at the air war.

I understand your comment on the air missions. But if I'm going second in a turn, does the game use my last air settings to set up the conditions - Int and AS for the next turn?

Have a good day,

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 3
RE: Issues with air planning - 1/24/2019 11:27:08 AM   
gliz2

Mike,

if I understand right you're asking whether the set up for air units will remain for the following turn(s)? Then the answer is yes it will.
You set a fighter unit set to "air superiority" it will keep it until you change it or it will get into reorganization/unfit status or when you relocate it.

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 4
RE: Issues with air planning - 1/24/2019 9:17:43 PM   
larryfulkerson

I've been known to turn on the Air Assistant just to get a rough idea where the airfield strikes should go and to get an idea of what Elmer considers important enough to strike it. Elmer does some really stupid stuff sometimes, like assigning your bombers to AS so you'll have to go through each of the missions to decide if you concur with Elmer or if the strike needs to be shifted to a different target. Other than that I usually play with it permantely off.

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 5
RE: Issues with air planning - 1/24/2019 10:34:45 PM   
MikeJ19

Larry and Gliz2,

Thanks for the input. I've turned off the air assistant and will be plotting the air war myself. This takes a little longer, but is likely a better option.

Have a good day

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Issues with air planning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI