Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Text Size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Text Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Text Size - 1/19/2019 11:44:36 PM   
thechief1984

I wanted to know is there anyway to make text bigger in fullscreen mode?

sadly I am blind as a bat from health issues thanks in advance for any help with this
Post #: 1
RE: Text Size - 1/20/2019 12:09:32 AM   
Korvar

Unfortunately, there is no way to scale text within the game itself. You can try using the -altFont switch on a shortcut to the game's .exe file to use the alternate font. I would say it's a bit clearer, but it's still the same size. The app I developed, SeaBee, is the easiest way to do this (see link in my signature).

You can also use scaling via your OS; for example, in Windows 10 it's in the Display Settings (right-click the desktop wallpaper, then click the appropriate option in the pop-up menu) and looks like this:

Note that you may need to tweak the resolution settings of the game as well to get the right fit once you've scaled everything. SeaBee can do this for you also.

(in reply to thechief1984)
Post #: 2
RE: Text Size - 1/20/2019 12:13:17 AM   
Korvar

I also forgot to mention the handy utility ZoomIt developed by a team at Microsoft if you need more of a "spot" treatment of larger text.

ZoomIt web page

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 3
RE: Text Size - 1/20/2019 12:51:44 AM   
thechief1984

Thank you so much!! I will check it out I didn't know about windows 10 font scaling option

your app is great by the way

< Message edited by thechief1984 -- 1/20/2019 12:52:13 AM >

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 4
RE: Text Size - 1/20/2019 7:01:24 AM   
thechief1984

I was reading that if you put it in windowed mode and change px switches you can make text larger by making it more blown up is this correct? I have no idea what to change this too

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 5
RE: Text Size - 1/20/2019 11:41:09 PM   
BBfanboy

Yes, the lower the resolution the larger the display of individual hexes. I presume the text will also be drawn in the larger size, although it might not be scalable like the graphics. Try standard VGA - 1024 X 768 to see what it looks like.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to thechief1984)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Text Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI