Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Patch question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch question - 1/5/2019 9:12:30 AM   
cathar1244

Sorry if I missed this in forum documentation.

In December, I purchased TOAW IV and installed it on my PC.

I see the software version in my download dates to November 2017, and that there are new patches available.

My version is 4.0.0.11 -- does the x.20 version patch that directly, and then the X.21 version should be applied?

Also -- I see issues being mentioned with these new patches as late as 31 December ... are there more fixes in the works coming out soon? As an aside, it would be nice to have a single patch that would make the game up to date.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Patch question - 1/5/2019 12:22:44 PM   
Lobster

In any game there are issues revealed that require a patch to address. So there will be issues immediately after a patch for most any game out there. As for the two recent ones, if I recall correctly, you do need to appy the .20 and .21 consecutively.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch question - 1/5/2019 12:43:10 PM   
altipueri

That was the version I got in November.

Make sure you have registered your game on the members section, then go to downloads and download the version 20 setup file.

I would uninstall your 4.0.0.11 version first or install the 20 version in a different directory.

This is more complicated than the usual patching because they had to change where game or scenario files were saved I believe. You can then get the 21 update from the usual updater on the start screen or load it down from the members section.

I suggest keeping a copy of the 20 setup file because you may need it again.

quote:

ORIGINAL: cathar1244

Sorry if I missed this in forum documentation.

In December, I purchased TOAW IV and installed it on my PC.

I see the software version in my download dates to November 2017, and that there are new patches available.

My version is 4.0.0.11 -- does the x.20 version patch that directly, and then the X.21 version should be applied?

Also -- I see issues being mentioned with these new patches as late as 31 December ... are there more fixes in the works coming out soon? As an aside, it would be nice to have a single patch that would make the game up to date.

Cheers

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch question - 1/5/2019 12:58:46 PM   
Shadrach

Yes, .20 is a full (cumulative) install. Make sure to uninstall first as the docs state:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4564492

Then clean install .20 --> update .21
https://www.matrixgames.com/members/downloads.asp?gid=587

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch question - 1/7/2019 6:13:50 PM   
cathar1244

Hello Shadrach,

You mention that .20 is "a full (cumulative) install". Does that mean it installs the full game at the .20 version level? It sounds like I would want to keep my .11 installation file in safe place were I to install .20 and patch to .21.

Does anyone know if there are still issues with the scenario editor in .21? Seems like issues were being reported as recently as 31 December. I'm not keen on patching if it will introduce problems.

Cheers

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch question - 1/7/2019 7:28:15 PM   
Shadrach

You should follow the guide and uninstall first, because the .20 version changes the location of the scenarios and other folders. So if you don't uninstall first you risk having a lot of unused files, potentially overriding your new installation.

Also you should after uninstall clear out the Scenarios and Graphics Override folders in Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV. Apart from your own modifications, obviously.

Then after installing .20 and patching to .21 there is no need to keep the .11 hanging around.

Of course, if you are worried about being unable to roll back, just make backup copies of the game and document directories first.

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch question - 1/7/2019 8:50:11 PM   
Curtis Lemay

I feel certain that the 4.1.0.20 update is not a stand-alone version of the game. You must have your original download/disk installed (whatever that is) and then install the update over it. (Otherwise, anyone could pick up the game for free!) On the other hand, I don't think you need any other updates installed other than the latest one - they are all cumulative.

But, these are assumptions on my part.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch question - 1/8/2019 5:22:23 AM   
cathar1244

Thanks Bob, I understand now.

Cheers

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Patch question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI