Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hard Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Hard Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hard Crash - 1/1/2019 6:00:09 PM   
SeaQueen

No errors or anything. The software just dies.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Hard Crash - 1/1/2019 6:20:28 PM   
zakblood

for me the save alone isn't enough data to go on with, a more complete picture is needed, what else was running in the background, as the save only says what you were doing at the time etc, any logs error on either your AV or firewall and what message did event viewer in windows report it as?

if it's crashes the game, what does or did windows report?

when you says dies, does what?

hangs, exits, throws up a error log or screen?

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then permitted to attach to the forum.

the more information you give, the better the reply will be, a report will show any game errors, same as the link suggests

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3585262

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 2
RE: Hard Crash - 1/1/2019 7:54:31 PM   
SeaQueen

"Dies" in the sense that the software exits, the window closes and I need to resume from the last autosave. It just did it again. It throws no errors, and nothing is displayed on the screen. I'll include the information you requested in my next post.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Hard Crash - 1/1/2019 7:55:33 PM   
SeaQueen

DxDiag data.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 4
RE: Hard Crash - 1/2/2019 4:18:35 AM   
zakblood

you have two game crashes, for 2 different reasons,

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1996978878229613057, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Command.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5c10101b
P4: AUDIOSES.DLL

+++ WER9 +++:
Fault bucket 1702796669023176971, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Command.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5c10101b
P4: Nahimic2DevProps.dll

both are audio related errors and both are software installed on your pc which is conflicting with the game

< Message edited by zakblood -- 1/2/2019 4:30:10 AM >

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 5
RE: Hard Crash - 1/2/2019 4:21:28 AM   
zakblood

first option and solution is to remove the nvidia sound drivers and use the correct ones for your sound chip, the latest version is 417.35

if you use the standard install and install all the junk which comes with nvidia it will and does over ride the standard sound drivers with it's own, which works on some hardware but not on all and does cause some errors with some games, not all, so best advice is not to use it, and use the ones which does work with all, the default ones from realtec

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 1/2/2019 4:31:11 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Hard Crash - 1/2/2019 4:27:37 AM   
zakblood

next error is related to recording software which is working in the background, like any game, a clean boot is best so no conflict with background apps or programs can happen, as anything which works in the background, and overlays etc steam or motherboard related, or recording software can cause the game to hang or pause and then cause a conflict, this isn't a gaming error, but a either out of date or incompatible driver one with the game, disabling will sort out the issue or updating to a compatible one, for both windows 10 and or the game.

atm you have 3 audio drivers for the same hardware installed,

nvidia
reltec
and nahimic

https://www.msi.com/page/nahimic

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=297137.0

nahimic drivers tbh seem to cause more errors than not with loads of game, just google it for more information, having 3 drivers installed or part installed like you have, only makes it worse.

most forum posts recommend uninstalling altogether the nahimic drivers, which fixes it for most, and i'd recommend uninstalling the 2nd ones as well, the nvidia audio ones, and just having one on the system, reltec, but that's not as simple as it sounds, as if it's a clean install on a new version of windows 10, it's easy, as a uninstall won't leave registry errors, but a upgraded from a previous version of windows 10, 7 or 8 may.

one up to date driver is better than any 3 versions, imo the best one is reltec and is the motherboards default, if you wish to use another or all 3 that's fine, but if it hangs the game and it points directly to it as the error, the game makers can't support it, or fix it being a driver issue and not something wrong with the game etc

the more junk which is loaded as startup, the more error you can have, it's that simple

a clean install of windows is also better than a upgraded from and older version of even windows 10, or even a previous version etc, as any older drivers and or program from previous versions of windows 7 or 8 can cause issues in windows 10.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 1/2/2019 4:40:33 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Hard Crash - 1/2/2019 10:18:43 AM   
SeaQueen

quote:

both are audio related errors and both are software installed on your pc which is conflicting with the game

Thank you. I'll have to look into this.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Hard Crash - 1/2/2019 12:22:48 PM   
zakblood

if you use the uninstaller for both, hope it will remove all and you won't have to manually remove them, which will or could be a registry clean as well, and then and only then use the nvidia updater as shown and update the video only, then download the latest version of the reltec drivers for audio which will then make just one installed, and you should have no errors again, good luck

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 9
RE: Hard Crash - 1/24/2019 5:25:56 AM   
Dimitris

Was this issue resolved or does it remain a problem ?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 10
RE: Hard Crash - 2/6/2019 3:51:02 PM   
Dimitris

Was this issue resolved or does it remain a problem ?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Hard Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI