From: Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards
ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater
Hubert, Bill, couple of questions regarding the SC3 editor:
1. Is it the same between SC3:WIE and SC3:WAW (same tiles used for hex/terrain/river/road/...)?
2. Does the data exported *.dat and *.cgn from War in Europe will be fully recognized by the engine of World at War? In other words, does a world map started in War in Europe will be compatible with World at War?
Are the following enhancements possible:
1. Is it possible to add an option to display the hexes coordinates in the screenshots done by F8 (perhaps F8++)? Playing with overlays to obtain the right scale, it will be very useful to figure out the correct hexes.
2. Is it possible to implement an insert button to insert hexes on any side of a map? Cutting the map in the middle of USA is indeed the best option. Thus, I would like to insert hexes on the left of the War in Europe map to display Florida and the Gulf of Mexico.
3. Is it possible to increase the maximum number of hexes for the Map Size?
Thanks a lot
1a. I would say 99% yes, there are some changes I believe just to some of the files that have national flags, and of course we added Japanese unit and hex and terrain coloured sprites too and reorganized the Majors Bitmaps folders just slightly as Germany has now moved to Major_08 from Major_07 etc.
2a. Right now no, and I would suggest updating to the v1.16 Beta for War in Europe and to use the Conversion Tool for any campaigns that were created or were started in War in Europe v1.15. After that then the *.dat data should be compatible with World at War.
1b. I might be able to add something like this, but I can't promise when as I have quite a few top priority items I need to attend to now that I'm back from the holiday break.
2b. I believe this can be done now with the map Shift Contents tool in the Editor, admittedly not the easiest tool to use, but it should be able to insert columns of hexes vertically or horizontally wherever you wish for them to be placed.
3b. It is possible, let me know how big you would need it and I can probably send over a custom Editor with that map max size and we can go from there.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
For 2b, I see. I am experimenting Map -> Shift Contents command now.
For 3b, I am evaluating something like 800 x 300 hexes.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.