We are having some problems with the scenario editor regarding FITE2. I have no idea if this concerns other scenarios as well.
We noticed some problems with the Formation Supply for some Russian formations (it was at 50%, where it should be at 100%) But when we tried to correct them, we ran into a few units (all Formation HQ units) where it simply was impossible to correct the issue. And I should note that these units are similar in composition to other units that do not have this problem.
These are the affected units on the Russian side:
31st Army formation Kalinin Front
28th Army Bryansk Front
5th Army SW Front
16th Mech Corps SW front (is at 50% should be 75%)
41st Corps in the 16th Army Reserve Front
So what we do is this: we go to a formation (for instance 31st Army). We change the Formation Supply from 50% to 100%, but the change simply does not happen. When we examin the Formation afterwards, the Formation Supply is still at 50 %
If we change the number of support squads in the Formation HQ to get better Formation Supply, the editor automatically changes their assigned support squads back to a fixed lower lv than its supposed to be. One can change it to look normal, but once saved, or simply by returning to the units, it will revert back to a lv that below what it’s supposed to be. (Eg 100% in all cases except the 16th Mech Corps that is supposed to be 75%)
To circumvent the problem we have tried:
-Changed the number of support squads, both in the Force editor, and on map by pressing U to access the unit
-Tried to change the formation supply lv both in the Force editor, and on map by pressing U to access the unit
-Deleting the unit and taking a working HQ and apply it to the formation
-Changing the HQ symbol, (Corps to army, ect.)
-Cutting and pasting the formation.
What more is: when we make a dump of the OOB (see picture), we can see that, for instance, 31st Army looks just as is should: with a Formation Supply of 100 (but in-game it is 50%). And compared to 30th Army (that are working as it should in the game) they are identical, so we are truly puzzled as what is wrong.
It might be (in fact I hope it is) a human error on our part, but it would be nice if someone could look into this.
Another issue regarding the 28th Army (I am not sure if this is reproducible for others), but when I try to change the HQ unit from XXXX (Army) to XXX (Division) The editor CTD's right away.
Ps. I hope it is clear what our problem is, but if not we are happy to elaborate (or simplify) if needed.