Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to create new factions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> How to create new factions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to create new factions? - 12/26/2018 1:35:34 AM   
TYHo

Hi everyone,

Technically it's possible using the database editor right? I would like to create new factions such as the Afghan Mujahideen or Chechen army, a step-by-step guide on how to would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: How to create new factions? - 12/26/2018 5:08:33 PM   
IronX

First, you need to create a new editable database. See: creating a new database

Second, in the game's editor go to the Factions tab (top left) and either click New or Copy an existing faction and then Paste it into a free slot (eg 8).

Third, edit the Faction's General information as necessary and add Formations and Flights (there are three tabs), using another nation as a guide.

If you need to change the composition of formations/flights that you add to your faction, go to the Formation or Flights tab next to the Factions tab.

Similarly, if you need to add or change units, go to the Units tab.

Good luck!

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 2
RE: How to create new factions? - 12/27/2018 1:23:40 AM   
TYHo

Thanks for your tip!

(in reply to IronX)
Post #: 3
RE: How to create new factions? - 2/22/2019 5:43:20 PM   
thewood1

I am working on a db that will include Arab and Israeli armies from 65 to 73. I have created a faction for Israel by copying and pasting the US. My plan was to go in and just delete a bunch of stuff and then copy and paste from other factions to build an Israeli faction out.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to copy or paste existing formations from a faction to another. I can't even seem to delete formations from a faction list. I have tried the cut and delete button in the editor. I have tried right clicking, but no joy. I have tried the delete key. Nothing works.

I know I created the db correctly because I am able to delete and copy factions. Any guidance is appreciated.

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 4
RE: How to create new factions? - 2/23/2019 4:10:34 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I am working on a db that will include Arab and Israeli armies from 65 to 73. I have created a faction for Israel by copying and pasting the US. My plan was to go in and just delete a bunch of stuff and then copy and paste from other factions to build an Israeli faction out.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to copy or paste existing formations from a faction to another. I can't even seem to delete formations from a faction list. I have tried the cut and delete button in the editor. I have tried right clicking, but no joy. I have tried the delete key. Nothing works.

I know I created the db correctly because I am able to delete and copy factions. Any guidance is appreciated.

You have to manually edit the ID fields in the faction's formation list. If you change the value to zero then the formation is removed from the faction.

Alternatively, you can edit the factions.xml file directly. This can be a better way if you want to copy-paste a large number of formations from another faction.

Attachment (1)

Know thyself!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> How to create new factions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI