Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Deposed Rulers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Deposed Rulers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deposed Rulers - 12/21/2018 11:23:23 PM   
basilstaghare

Playing as a Monarchy...is there anyway to help curtail your ruler being deposed? It seems that when a Colony Governor establishes himself, then inevitably, the ruler is overthrown...or maybe this is intended? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Deposed Rulers - 12/22/2018 1:55:11 AM   
Aeson

The only thing that I can think of that might have an effect is to try to keep your population happier - have a decent diplomatic reputation, try to ensure that your planets have enough of all the strategic resources and three or four luxury resources, prevent pirate raids on your colonies, keep taxes relatively low, maybe a few other things like that. If everyone is already pretty happy, then I don't know that there's anything else you can do in the game.

If you're willing to mod files, I believe you can set a modifier to the leader replacement chance in [install directory]\Races\[speciesname].txt and [install directory]\governments.txt.

(in reply to basilstaghare)
Post #: 2
RE: Deposed Rulers - 12/22/2018 7:08:56 AM   
basilstaghare

Thanks. All colonies have happiness of 20+ and a green smiley face...no pirate raids...the only issue you mention would be the occasional shortage of resources...hmmmm…

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Deposed Rulers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI