Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steam_API.dll not found

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Steam_API.dll not found Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steam_API.dll not found - 12/21/2018 9:42:22 PM   
RyanCrierie

I have the Matrix edition of TOAW IV installed, and previously had it updated to TheOperationalArtofWar4-UpdateComp-v4.0.1.23.exe

I recently downloaded TheOperationalArtofWar4-UpdateComp-v4.1.0.21.exe and updated it; only now when I try to run TOAW IV, I get an error that goes:

Opart 4.exe -- System Error
The Code Execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Post #: 1
RE: Steam_API.dll not found - 12/22/2018 5:35:07 AM   
zakblood

sounds like a patch install error, uninstall and make sure folder is empty and removed and reinstall and patch to the latest version

install by right clicking and install as admin, and when running the shortcut, also run as admin

good luck

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 2
RE: Steam_API.dll not found - 1/27/2019 12:42:08 AM   
Shellshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

I have the Matrix edition of TOAW IV installed, and previously had it updated to TheOperationalArtofWar4-UpdateComp-v4.0.1.23.exe

I recently downloaded TheOperationalArtofWar4-UpdateComp-v4.1.0.21.exe and updated it; only now when I try to run TOAW IV, I get an error that goes:

Opart 4.exe -- System Error
The Code Execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I ran into the same error issue upon trying to install the latest patch. Unfortunately, re-installing and running as an administrator didn't resolve it. But, running the Opart4-Slow execution application from the main game directory did the trick.

I think the Opart4-Slow application is for people who have older computer systems, but I haven't noticed any difference from how it ran pre-patch.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 3
RE: Steam_API.dll not found - 1/27/2019 2:35:08 PM   
VPaulus

You have to uninstall the game and reinstall it using the new remastered setup file. Then you'll be able to install the last update.
You can dopwnload both setup file and update from the Member's area.

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 4
RE: Steam_API.dll not found - 2/10/2019 1:41:43 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarsfield_slith
For the record what I am getting when I install the latest version is:

Opart 4.exe - System Error

X The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I cannot open anything now!

I hesitate to do anything further until some clarification is brought to these issues

You could try searching for the file: "steam_api.dll" and see if it got written to the
"/My Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/" folder instead of
"/Program Files(x86)/Matrix Games/The Operational Art of War IV/"

If it did get written there just move it to the other spot.

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Steam_API.dll not found Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI