Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installing DLC´s question.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Installing DLC´s question. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing DLC´s question. - 12/9/2018 12:02:05 AM   
Red2112

I bought a couple of DLC´s/Standalone lately and find that with each dlc I have to download the whole core game (CMANO), patch it, update it and then del/add the image files all over again. When I do download the new (core) dlc, Iam asked to add the s/n of the dlc in a window which already shows what I have installed.

Which makes me think that the core game is already installed in my PC and the new (dlc) s/n only activates whats already in the core game.

Is there any other way to just add the new dlc s/n without downloading the whole (circa 4GB) core game again and doing all the update/image thing?

Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Installing DLC´s question. - 12/9/2018 7:05:09 AM   
Dimitris

You can keep the full installer around instead of deleting it. Then when you get a new SN for a DLC, you can just run the installer again (specifying the existing installation folder as the target) and just activate the DLC you have just purchased.

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing DLC´s question. - 12/9/2018 10:09:37 AM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

You can keep the full installer around instead of deleting it. Then when you get a new SN for a DLC, you can just run the installer again (specifying the existing installation folder as the target) and just activate the DLC you have just purchased.

Thank you Dimitris,

Yes, that´s what I have done after I bought the second dlc. So I have the core folder/installer of my last dlc, the update 1.14.5, (I then launch the auto-updater which brings me up to the latest version), and the two Image folders from WarfareSime (DB3000/CWDB and Descriptions folder).

Just though there would be another way of doing so. At least it´s here for the record just in case someone ask.

Ahoy, and thanks again Dimitris.

Red

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Installing DLC´s question. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI