Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing Unit Names In The Editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Changing Unit Names In The Editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Unit Names In The Editor? - 12/8/2018 12:44:24 AM   
seydlitz22513

Score: 0
Hi, How do you remove the default unit names in the editor, something is different about this new game compared with War In Europe editor wise.

EXAMPLE: List of British battleships.

Queen Elizabeth, Malaya, Warspite, Royal Sovereign etc are listed as Battleship which technically is correct, but using the editor I would like to list them under Dreadnoughts?

Dreadnoughts: Queen Elizabeth, Malaya, Barham, Valiant, Warspite, Royal Sovereign, Ramillies, Revenge, Royal Oak, Resolution

Battleships: Nelson, Rodney, Prince of Wales, Duke of York, King George V, Anson, Howe, Vanguard

Battlecruisers: Hood, Repulse, Renown

Using the editor previously it was very easy to change the unit names list, by simply removing the existing ones, and inputting the new names, but for some reason when I remove the names now and save when I open them again the default names are still there? probably something simple I'm missing but I need help modding unit names.
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Unit Names In The Editor? - 12/8/2018 2:41:24 AM   
seydlitz22513

Score: 0
Ok, a quick update I have managed to get this working after a bit of trial and error, I deleted this text file loaded the scenario I'm modding and changed unit names and then saved it now it appears to be working.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to seydlitz22513)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Changing Unit Names In The Editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI