Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for ... - 12/7/2018 10:00:22 PM   
BKL

New player here - are there any mods, specifically related to the interface, font, etc. that would be considered as accepted "must haves" by most players?

Thank you
BKL
Post #: 1
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/7/2018 10:43:04 PM   
geofflambert

I think the answer is there aren't any, must have or otherwise. There is alternative map art which is very good, produced by Chemkid. Also there is a way to replace the IJN battle flag (which is hard on the eyes) with the standard meatball flag.

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 2
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/7/2018 11:05:57 PM   
Korvar

It's possible to make WITP:AE look quite different from stock. All of the art assets are in standard format files, so just about everything is changeable. Here's a screenshot of my current game:

The map is a custom version of Chemkid's YamatoDamashii v1 SunnyDay. I forget where I originally obtained the GUI elements, but I modded those as well with the dark background / high contrast areas.

The map can be downloaded here: YamatoDamashii_SunnyDay_v1_stock

There is also a lot of good art mods in the Art mods thread.

< Message edited by Korvar -- 12/7/2018 11:07:21 PM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 3
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/8/2018 2:40:30 AM   
BBfanboy

Not really mods, but there are some companion programs that help you with the game.

Most popular is Tracker, which takes a little time to set up but it pulls together data over a time period you select so you can better see trends/progress/setbacks. You can look at individual units, or bases, or just about any other piece of info in the database. It draws the info from saved game turns.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936 in the stickied section of the main forum for WITP-AE.

Another one is Intel Monkey which witpqs is working on to make even more comprehensive and useful. Send him a PM to get links to it.

Korvar has released his installation helper program and is getting good feedback from the people who have tried it.

SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application thread in the Tech Support section.

Someone suggested a "magnifier program" that lets you magnify a small section under your cursor to help with the tiny text you get when you use high resolutions. I can't remember the name of it but IIRC it was public domain. Try Googling the term.

If you have specific issues you need help with, just ask the forum and doubtless someone will know something about it.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 4
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/10/2018 7:51:23 AM   
jecunningham

I found and started using Combat Reporter recently. Wow, it's an incredibly useful tool for reading the various turn reports generated. Unlike the confusing array of info presented by the game the info is very nicely sorted in much more useful categories. The way I'd expect to get it in my daily updates from my jr. officers or intelligence group. :-)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2456864

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 5
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/10/2018 3:52:37 PM   
BBfanboy

I forgot about Combat Reporter - thanks for adding it!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to jecunningham)
Post #: 6
RE: Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" ... - 12/10/2018 4:10:18 PM   
BillBrown

quote:

ORIGINAL: jecunningham

I found and started using Combat Reporter recently. Wow, it's an incredibly useful tool for reading the various turn reports generated. Unlike the confusing array of info presented by the game the info is very nicely sorted in much more useful categories. The way I'd expect to get it in my daily updates from my jr. officers or intelligence group. :-)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2456864

+1, I have been using Combat Reporter since it came out, and I find it the most useful third party
program, but then I am not playing any games as Japan.

(in reply to jecunningham)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Any Interface Mods that are "must haves" for new player? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI