Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B998.17] RTB with missiles in flight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B998.17] RTB with missiles in flight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B998.17] RTB with missiles in flight - 11/30/2018 12:02:22 PM   
Zathred

With the latest update for release 1.14.6 (build 998.16) I'm having issues with aircraft flights turning away from targets with an RTB state as soon as they fire the last BVR missile. This causes the missiles in flight to not receive guidance updates and they usually miss the targets.

In the attached example (enter as Blue side) the x2 Typhoon CAP aircraft engage offensive against x4 SU-30 aircraft with Meteor missiles. As the last Meteor is launched both Typhoons turn away so that their radar no longer tracks the SU-30s. All the Meteors then usually miss.

A CAP replacement flight then launches, attacks BVR with Meteors and again turns away after the last missile is fired usually resulting in all targets being missed.

At the same time the 2nd CAP flight engages several AAW F-35 intercept flights also launch as the 150nm boundary is breached. Again the first 1-2 flights fire all their AMRAAM missiles and turn away causing misses. I only see consistent hits when an F-35 flight does not launch all its missiles and continues to paint the targets with radar.

The end result is the entire flight of Su-30 may make it all the way to the 2nd base despite a hail of the very latest AAW missiles.

A typical example I am seeing is x22 AMRAAMS and x20 Meteors expended to destroy the x4 SU-30s if I got lucky.

I understand the doctrine rules concerning RTB but should the attacking aircraft turn away with missiles in flight as seen?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 12/12/2018 6:01:24 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: RTB with missiles in flight - 11/30/2018 2:04:19 PM   
Dimitris

Thank you! We have a fix for this issue and it will be included on the next update release.

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 2
RE: RTB with missiles in flight - 12/12/2018 6:05:00 PM   
Zathred

Command v1.14 Update - Build 998.17

* FIXED: Aircraft RTBing while still guiding BVR missiles

I've tested my previously reported issue with this new build. The aircraft now stay engaged offensive instead of RTBing after the last missile launch. Sadly they crank too far and then do not illuminate the targets with radar causing multiple misses as before :-(

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B998.17] RTB with missiles in flight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI