Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 More Dumb questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> 2 More Dumb questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 More Dumb questions - 11/30/2018 10:43:32 AM   
Spudsie74

Have the beefed up Elmer in some of the older scenarios? Solensk, North Africa 40-42 (division scale), France 40, Karkhov 42 & Paton seem to play much more evenly. Anyone else observe this?

In Fabio's Russian Front 41-45, my luftwafffe seems to love conducting airfield atttacks at fields aroung Hi value (heavily defended cities. They appear do do little tamage, while I take heavy losses ex Me 10% them 1%. Are my guys doing an god, and I jusd dont see it? Or did my crew get ahold for some of Herman G's morphine? Again airfield attacks appear to accomplish little, while costing a lot. Is this typical? Scenario specific? I'm clueless here, but hitting defended airfields seems to be a bad idea. I KNOW I can direct the air attacks manually, but am still just getting up to speed. What is the scoop?

< Message edited by Spudsie74 -- 11/30/2018 10:44:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 2 More Dumb questions - 11/30/2018 10:48:07 AM   
Oberst_Klink

You can check what the airschock is. I used 10% for the initial 14 days of Kharkov '43 (updated it massively!) . Care to playtest it for the first 9-16 turns? German vs. Soviet (AI).

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 More Dumb questions - 11/30/2018 2:00:55 PM   
Spudsie74

TY Oberst. I dont think I have turned my PC off siinc II downloaded it. I'm ashamed to say I got it from steam...the IM'd me that it was 10.00 off. Your tutorial was a big help (Prussian Tom).

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 More Dumb questions - 11/30/2018 2:13:08 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spudsie74

TY Oberst. I dont think I have turned my PC off siinc II downloaded it. I'm ashamed to say I got it from steam...the IM'd me that it was 10.00 off. Your tutorial was a big help (Prussian Tom).

Thanks, Tom!

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 4
RE: 2 More Dumb questions - 11/30/2018 4:40:46 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I KNOW I can direct the air attacks manually, but am still just getting up to speed

You can still do much better than letting Elmer run your air units. Do this: Spend a few minutes at the beginning of the scenario. Put all your Fighters on Air Superiority and all your Bombers on Close Support. You don't need to touch them after that. When you get a better grip on things you can get into reviewing your air units every turn to make sure they are optimized, and also assigning specific missions if you so desire.

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> 2 More Dumb questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI