Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Requirements to receive moved factories?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Requirements to receive moved factories? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 2:38:40 PM   
case23

Are there any requirements or factors that affect production in the cities to which Soviet factories are moved?

For example, could I move every factory to some tiny population 1 town without affecting production, or are there local manpower, population, or other requirements that need to be taken into account?
Post #: 1
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 2:52:05 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: case23

Are there any requirements or factors that affect production in the cities to which Soviet factories are moved?

For example, could I move every factory to some tiny population 1 town without affecting production, or are there local manpower, population, or other requirements that need to be taken into account?

The manual does mention some - but that seems to be wrong. I am not an experienced Soviet player but as far as everyone so far has said, there seems to be none except the limit on the total number of factories that can be placed there. Each location does have a limited, although large, number of slots. If they are exhausted by your first evacuations you might not be able to evacuate another type of factory you would have wanted to there later.

(in reply to case23)
Post #: 2
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 6:11:05 PM   
thedoctorking

I'd like it if this were the case. This would be something that the devs could do to make the factory evacuation model seem a little more historical and immersive.

When I'm playing, I put factories more or less randomly in any Ural or trans-Volga city. I figure if the Axis gets that far I'm conceding anyway so I don't need to have everything in Nizhny Tagil.

I'd also like it if you could evac factories to off-map locations.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 8:26:27 PM   
case23

Thanks. I was a little surprised that there weren't population/manpower requirements -- though I guess in the SU, if there weren't enough people there as many "volunteers" as needed could rapidly be found.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 4
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 10:06:08 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: case23

Thanks. I was a little surprised that there weren't population/manpower requirements -- though I guess in the SU, if there weren't enough people there as many "volunteers" as needed could rapidly be found.

The two things are different. Max population of a location never changes and represents 50,000 people per point, used to determine the size (I.e. town, city etc). Manpower does and is used by factories which can be be damaged, destroyed or migrate to other cities, again each manpower factory point represents 50,000 people but not all make it when they migrate.

Each factory point will produce a certain amount of an item each turn if the town, city or urban hex it is located in is connected to the supply grid (20.1) and sufficient basic items are stored at the factory location for local use.

The supply grid consists of six parts:
• Permanent supply sources (20.1.1)
• The rail network, to include town, urban and city hexes on the network (20.1.2)
• Ports (20.1.3)
• Supply sources (20.1.4)
• The motor pool (20.1.5)
• Headquarters units and their supply dumps (20.1.6)

Basically only move factories to a location on a connected rail network. It does not matter what size the location is, it's not the population that moves but the factory manpower.

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 11/28/2018 6:06:13 AM >

(in reply to case23)
Post #: 5
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 10:14:05 PM   
56ajax

Back in the dark ages I'm sure I was advised of some limitations but I don't think I was ever impacted. Pick a city/town with a larger population and on a railway line, and spread them around.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to case23)
Post #: 6
RE: Requirements to receive moved factories? - 11/27/2018 10:38:55 PM   
Denniss

any town or larger which is connected to rail net is eligible to receive evacuated factories. population size is irrelevant for this. You may imagine they not only evacuated machinery but also men and women to operate them + providing sufficient construction workers to buld new infrastructure there.
In older versions was a bug permitting transfers to non-rail locations

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Requirements to receive moved factories? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI