Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is terrain relief value?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> What is terrain relief value? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is terrain relief value? - 11/23/2018 3:17:00 AM   
noooooo

What exactly does it do? Manual says it has to do with vehicles getting into defilade but does it increase the chance or is it a limit of some kind?
Post #: 1
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 11/23/2018 12:33:14 PM   
exsonic01

High relief value tile = higher chance for vehicle to set in hull-down position.

(in reply to noooooo)
Post #: 2
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 11/23/2018 12:57:42 PM   
kevinkins

Have you observed what the manual says i.e. the spite of a hull down unit gets smaller?

Thanks.

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 12/11/2018 12:40:36 AM   
kevinkins

I am putting together a terrain attributes table for players and would like to better understand what the relief value actually means to the player fighting across the battlefield. What does a high value mean? What does a low value mean? Does the value change based on elevation contours? Why do roads have a high a value and a bridge have a zero value?

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 4
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 12/12/2018 4:41:42 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

I am putting together a terrain attributes table for players and would like to better understand what the relief value actually means to the player fighting across the battlefield. What does a high value mean? What does a low value mean? Does the value change based on elevation contours? Why do roads have a high a value and a bridge have a zero value?

Kevin

I believe the relief value was discussed in another thread, but this is what the manual says:

"A vehicle can automatically enter defilade when it stops. The chance is based on the terrain relief value and the training level of the unit."

Roads tend to have ditches or other depressions around them, so there can be a chance of finding a hull-down position. Bridges usually don't offer any such cover.

The value is not affected by terrain elevation.

Know thyself!

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 5
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 12/12/2018 5:13:11 PM   
22sec

The higher the value the better the odds the unit enters a defilade position.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 6
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 12/12/2018 11:11:56 PM   
kevinkins

What does defilade mean regarding the concepts of hull down or turret down within AB? Can a unit fire out of defilade and how does being in defilade affect LOS calculations and overall combat? How can a player tell their unit is in any degree of defilade? Thanks guys.

Kevin

― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 7
RE: What is terrain relief value? - 12/13/2018 8:36:15 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

What does defilade mean regarding the concepts of hull down or turret down within AB? Can a unit fire out of defilade and how does being in defilade affect LOS calculations and overall combat? How can a player tell their unit is in any degree of defilade? Thanks guys.

Kevin

'Defilade' or 'dug-in' means that the vehicle is hull-down. In the 'dug-in' state it covers 360 degrees (the green circle), and in the 'defilade' state the covered zone is 90 degrees (you see the green arc).

You can find more explanations in the game manual.

Know thyself!

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> What is terrain relief value? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI