Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Immediate Suppression

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Immediate Suppression Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Immediate Suppression - 11/22/2018 2:08:37 AM   
blackcloud6

US Army indirect fire doctrine for artillery and mortars has a mission called "Immediate Suppression." This is where a quick FFE of a small number of rounds is immediately fired without any adjustment. The observer simply calls in the grid or TRP and says "Immediate Suppression" and the guns fire it. It may not be accurate but the idea is to get rounds out on the bad guy to have him put his head down (or button up).

Is there a way to do this in AB? If not, this should be added to the suggestion list.
Post #: 1
RE: Immediate Suppression - 11/22/2018 2:18:22 AM   
exsonic01

Idea about "forced attack" or forced fire was already suggested and discussed from beta forum.

As far as I know, devs have some idea about this concept, but their hands are tied with other important works for now. This studio is small company with low manpower and low budget. So we may need to wait. But I really wish to see suppress fire as well.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 11/22/2018 2:19:36 AM >

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Immediate Suppression - 11/22/2018 2:21:04 AM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

Idea about "forced attack" or forced fire was already suggested and discussed from beta forum.

As far as I know, devs have some idea about this concept, but their hands are tied with other important works for now. This studio is small company with low manpower and low budget. So we may need to wait. But I really wish to see suppress fire as well.

Oh I know it is going to take some time to get to all the things we gamers want or suggest. But if they know about it and are considering, then I'm good.

< Message edited by blackcloud6 -- 11/22/2018 12:09:30 PM >

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Immediate Suppression - 11/22/2018 8:31:38 AM   
zacklaws

But you can do "immediate suppression" now. All you do is create an Artillery FM, place it on the tgt area ignoring TRP's, no spotter etc if need be. Once done, it may show up on the map as adjusting and the time delay but in reality, that is the time being taken to process the fire order by the FSCC, relay the orders to the gun line and the guns to lay on etc and then they fire. All of which would have to happen on an "immediate suppression" FM anyway, there is no quick way to get fire onto a tgt unless laid on it to start with so there will always be a time delay. Just because it is an "immediate suppression" it is not instantaneous fire from the gun line. If anything, if adjusting was taking place for real, the time delay would probably be a lot longer depending on what method was being used as it could take more than one or two rounds to adjust the tgt and TOF on its own may take up 2 or 3 minutes when all added together for just a couple of rounds without considering time spent laying and plotting corrections etc.

< Message edited by zacklaws -- 11/22/2018 8:36:02 AM >

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 4
RE: Immediate Suppression - 11/23/2018 12:38:27 AM   
Veitikka

It has been suggested that there should be 'immediate illumination' too, but like zacklaws said, I think in the game system the fire missions should be adjusted at least once before firing. You can bypass this by setting up the fire mission in the setup phase so there's no delay, enabling 'fire at my command', and then calling fire whenever needed.

Know thyself!

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Immediate Suppression Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI