1) unit movement order lines are obscured by trees, its really hard to see in a forest where you've ordered units to move; likewise, the NATO symbols are transparent in the trees and not clear
2) do helicopters run out of fuel? the AI appears to deploy helicopters early on, and then they leave too early in a large battle - not sure, it could be because I was bringing AA up and maybe they got scared off, but not sure if they left for some other reason... I think the helicopters should maybe be allowed to come back like the fixed wing planes do?
3) do fixed wing aircraft run out of ammo? in a larger battle I'm about 4 hours in, and I've noticed a few flights that didn't appear to shoot or bomb anything, not sure if they lacked a target or just didn't even have ammunition left
4) when you select a squad, it should have a button you can push which selects the larger parent formation, sometimes its hard to find and corral all the various squads belonging to a platoon or company
5) i think across the board, all units need access to more ammunition - i would suggest some sort of code that starts replenishing ammo after a specified amount of time. for example, SAM vehicle only has two SAM on it, I get that... but after it fires two, in a real world situation, someone is going to put two more on it. whether that takes 2 minutes or 2 hours, it needs to happen, rather than having the vehicle just sit there idling. even close combat had a timer on katyusha rocket reloads (although it was set to like a couple hours, well beyond the time of a battle, it was still in the code). mortars are a pet peeve of mine currently, you should definitely be able to have mortars that can literally fire all day long, although they should naturally cost more points in setup (and this can be easily modded. I remember reading a Vietnam war memoir, and this guy stated that during a battle he literally did nothing but unload boxes of ammo from an APC and toss them to people who were running them toward the firing positions. Of course, running out of supply should be a possible setting, but having plenty of supply should also be a setting.
6) tanks and aircraft should maybe be a little hesitant to waste missiles and shells on isolated infantry - not saying they shouldn't do it, but it's a bit extreme to have a whole column of tanks firing at a single soldier
7) its great the vehicles can get immobilized in forests/rivers, but there should definitely be a repair timer - even if it is set to several hours, I'm already 4 hours into a battle and its barely begun, so I imagine someone should be trying to fix that track - you could for example set the repair timer to say 40 hours, and then if a repair vehicle is within 1 'hex' it provides a 90% time reduction to all repairs
8) does smoke block helicopter line of sight? am curious on the mechanics of that
9) the marking options are good (where you can place reminders like ! and ?) - more symbols would be good, on a large map in a large battle I find myself using that quite a bit to delineate the front and axis of advance, ill post a video/screenshots if someone is interested
10) would be good to have the NATO symbols for different mortar types vary, so you can better distinguish a heavy and light mortar, also some of the mortars are set to immobile when they should have a slow (very slow) movement speed
11) would be good to have a battle setting that places you inside the center of a circle of enemy controlled territory, ie: a berlin map, or a paratroop scenario
12) honestly, at the scale these battles can take, food and water should be taken into account - you should actually be encouraged to have field kitchens and water tank trucks, providing a replenishment bonus within a certain radius
13) very much need a way to hide TRPs, the map is covered in + symbols that aren't very important, also the pre-aimed artillery boxes are useful but there should be an option to control their transparency, its a bit much when you've got 90 of them, would like to see color distinction as well for round types, and I see no reason a fire solution can't be switched at will between HE and smoke
lots of ideas, but I think it says a lot about the game's potential that I'm even suggesting some of these things
< Message edited by Adam Rinkleff -- 11/20/2018 2:12:55 AM >