Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

transferring

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> transferring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
transferring - 11/12/2018 12:01:24 PM   
AstroBlues

I am Japan in a game and am having trouble transferring infantry from one HQ to another HQ then to an infantry division. The game says from one HQ to another HQ, even though they are 4 hexes apart, is impossible. Why is this and what would I need to do to make Japan able to transfer troops better?

Post #: 1
RE: transferring - 11/12/2018 2:10:47 PM   
ArmouredLion

You need cargo trucks to move supplies over land and cargo ships to move across the sea. With Japan, I put a second "Surpeme HQ" on the shore of China that is subordinate to the supreme HQ in Japan. I send production to this second "SHQ" straight from the Cities/factories. I take The trains from the Japan SHQ and send them to this 2nd SHQ. You can then ship all production... although you might not be able to send it all if you produce a lot. Your best bet is to get the production attached to the HQ as close to where you want the stuff to go. As you transfer you lose readiness. With nations that don't need to cross water to get production to the front, it's more straightforward... Hope it helps. Once it clicks in your mind, 95% distributions is obvious... it takes a little bit and sometimes you hit a snag. I just learned that if you have trains and trucks there i overland transfer points AND Train transfer points. In my ACQ game I was shorting myself a lot with Japan... live and learn. GL, Astro.

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 2
RE: transferring - 11/15/2018 12:13:03 AM   
AstroBlues

As Japan, I did not have many trucks and trains in Japan. Have a Supreme HQ in a port in China is a good idea. I am just getting the sense of using ToE and transferring troops and equipment. Thanks for th pointers.

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> transferring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI