Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

convoy set up question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> convoy set up question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
convoy set up question - 11/6/2018 8:11:47 AM   
loki100

Had made the mistake of thinking I was more or less clear on at least the basics of convoys etc. But ... why can't I transport the Hainan resource - I have an excess of convoys deployed so its not? Is the issue the deployment of the Chinese unit?

EDIT - ignore managed to solve the problem

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by loki100 -- 11/6/2018 8:17:35 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: convoy set up question - 11/6/2018 9:08:16 AM   
Joseignacio

It's difficult to say without more info.

The 5 convoys at the Japanese Coast seem to be the ones for the Japan-USA agreement. They will be busy.

There are 5 convoys coming from South China Sea, they are using 5 from the 8 China Sea convoys as well.

It depends on how many more convoys you are using to get the Formosa, China, ..., resources. Maybe those sum more than 3 and in this case one or more obviously cannot be carried.

I am assuming you are not experienced with WIF/MWIF, else you know well all this.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2
RE: convoy set up question - 11/6/2018 11:38:56 AM   
loki100

thanks.

No not experienced. I played the board game many years ago and have had my eye on the computer version since its release. Even played badly its engrossing.

But there are problems with mirroring the board game rules (and I fully understand why) in that there are always going to be a few things very easy to do manually and a bit of a struggle when framed by computer code logic. In that it reminds me a bit of WW1 Gold - quite possibly the definitive WW1 game if you can struggle through the interface based on a very well designed board game but the decision to code the manual rules made for non-intuitive computer based play.

thanks for the response ... and to all for the excellent resources available

Roger

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: convoy set up question - 11/22/2018 3:04:37 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

thanks.

No not experienced. I played the board game many years ago and have had my eye on the computer version since its release. Even played badly its engrossing.

But there are problems with mirroring the board game rules (and I fully understand why) in that there are always going to be a few things very easy to do manually and a bit of a struggle when framed by computer code logic. In that it reminds me a bit of WW1 Gold - quite possibly the definitive WW1 game if you can struggle through the interface based on a very well designed board game but the decision to code the manual rules made for non-intuitive computer based play.

thanks for the response ... and to all for the excellent resources available

Roger

If you go to the Route Layout and bring up the Global insert map for the Production Planning form, you can left-click on a sea area to filter the list of resources to just those going through the sea area. [It might be right-click - I never can remember.]

That will let you see how the convoys are being used.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: convoy set up question - 11/22/2018 2:42:08 PM   
gw15

Yes, Steve points out a useful tool that can be used during production planning. There are several tools I had forgotten. Like to redirect where a lent BP is coming from you have to click on the Build Point box with the Trade button on and then pick where it comes from. another tool, which doesn't always work, is to click on the sea zones you want a resource to follow. I'm not clear in the exact order of how to do it but one of my opponents showed me how to do it.
Steve - are these "tools" or "tricks" in the tutorials and/or manual?

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: convoy set up question - 11/23/2018 7:42:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

Yes, Steve points out a useful tool that can be used during production planning. There are several tools I had forgotten. Like to redirect where a lent BP is coming from you have to click on the Build Point box with the Trade button on and then pick where it comes from. another tool, which doesn't always work, is to click on the sea zones you want a resource to follow. I'm not clear in the exact order of how to do it but one of my opponents showed me how to do it.
Steve - are these "tools" or "tricks" in the tutorials and/or manual?

In the Training Videos on Production Planning. There are at least 2.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> convoy set up question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI