Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran - 11/4/2018 5:11:22 PM   
msc

Close down a hostile harbour deploying your mines and a SEAL-Team from your submarines.
The scenario is playing in 1987 when the cold war becomes a hot one.

-> mining as a victory condition
-> special operation of SEAL-Team to destroy harbour facility
-> request help from allied forces (strike mission via LUA-SpecialAction)

Please let me know what you are thinking about it, report of problems, recommendation for improvement,...

Many thanks
and have fun!

Martin

EDIT: Upload updated version 2018-12-29

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by msc -- 12/29/2018 12:10:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran - 11/4/2018 9:36:06 PM   
Whicker

nice little scen, I scored a 225 major victory, even though I lost one of the subs early on cause it hit one of its own mines. I thought the 2 hour fuse would be enough but 3 or even 4 hours would have been better.

- there was no message on how to recover the seal team, I left them and they were found and killed.
- I would put a note in about the fuse on the mines - and that it should be set to 3 hours or more, but not too much more. I also moved the ref points for the mining area down a bit as the mines were laid to keep the sub from going back up
- maybe more than -100 points for loosing a sub?
- also add a note that the subs need to be within 1.5 miles to land the seals, I was wondering about that until I did the action and then it told me
- there is another sub scen posted recently, in that one you only get intel from above at certain points rather than all the time even though you are underwater, I like that but would do it so you get intel if one of the subs is at periscope depth, though with 2 subs you could cheat
- date for the expected convoy says: 'Arrival of the next convoy ist estimated at 200600Z NOV.' - is that Nov 20?

Nice job on the seal insertion, I like the way that worked. The mines worked really well. I did not do the ASuW action.

< Message edited by Whicker -- 11/4/2018 9:38:24 PM >

(in reply to msc)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran - 11/4/2018 11:11:43 PM   
Whicker

I got this in the lua history log, pretty sure it was from this scen, not sure what it was though:

Function:ScenEdit_GetUnit (0) Error:Need to define a Name or Guid to identify a unit. Preferably a Guid or Side & Name.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran - 11/7/2018 6:19:05 PM   
msc

Thanks for your feedback, Whicker.
I improved the briefing (description of insertion/extraction of SEALs and mine arming delay) and the scoring and fixed the errors in the LUA code.
The intel thing (receiving only when on periscope depth) is not so easy for me...
In the meantime I thought about a little workaround: I removed all radar stations. Only one E-3a is in the air, which comes in range every 4 hours. So you get an update of surface/air picture just every 4 hours. In the other time you are on your own.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran - 12/29/2018 12:08:22 PM   
msc

Finally I updated the scenario again, introducing the suggestion of Whicker for getting intel-updates only at fixed times and when at periscope depth.

There are fixed radio traffic times (0000z, 0400z, 0800z, ....) every 4 hours. One of the submarines has to be at periscope depth at this times to get an update of RMP/RAP from NATO-Forces. (Updates only available when E-3a is in range)

The request for ASuW-strike also repuires going to periscope depth. So this should be more realistic now.

Please have a look into the updated scenario (uploaded to the first post on top).
Is the scenario to easy? More ASW-units required?

(in reply to msc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario for Testing - Close down Mukran Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI