Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TOAW XML Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: TOAW XML Editor Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 1/30/2020 11:32:08 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones
Is there a tutorial for this application? XML is basically a foreign language to me.

The “manual” is in the first post of the thread, and is available in a better-formatted pdf in the downloaded version. And the whole point of TOAWxml is that you don't need to know anything about XML to use it, it does everything behind the scenes. You should be able to get a decent idea of what it does by scanning the screenshots in this thread.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 481
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 2/2/2020 7:10:37 PM   
76mm

OK, I've uploaded a new version (v2.1). As described above, not really many substantive changes: basically just added the ability to change the release/entry turn for static formations (enabled in the latest TOAW patch) and added an indication of the date when turns are indicated (ie, reinforcements, release of formations, events).

I've also fixed a lot of bugs...before deleting formations could crash TOAW, and deleting units or formations would screw up divided units and events which included formations or units--those should now be fixed.

As usual, use at your own risk: I've done some testing but did not, and cannot, test every scenario and situation. Just in case, please keep backups of all of your pre-TOAWxml work.

I'll post some screenshots in the following posts.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 482
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 2/2/2020 7:14:01 PM   
76mm

OK, as mentioned, I've added dates to make it easier to figure out what a turn number means in terms of actual dates. Here is screenshot showing when a reinforcement arrives.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 483
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 2/2/2020 7:14:57 PM   
76mm

Here is the date for an event triggered by a turn:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 484
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 2/2/2020 7:15:51 PM   
76mm

Finally, here is one showing the entry turn for static formations, along with the relevant date:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 485
RE: TOAW XML Editor - 2/2/2020 7:21:16 PM   
76mm

Currently I don't plan to add any more features to TOAWxml, although I'm always open to suggestions and might do so if there is a consensus for other features. I'll keep fixing bugs though, so please report those. I will also probably update it so that it works with future patches, if there are any.

Otherwise, I think I'll start working on some other stuff; I will let you know when/if anything interesting emerges from those efforts.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 486
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: TOAW XML Editor Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI