Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question for surrounding units for encirclement and total destruction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Question for surrounding units for encirclement and total destruction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for surrounding units for encirclement and tot... - 10/28/2018 11:16:17 PM   
Journier

im playing Directive 21 mod, and was going to surround the units but did not know if units are counted as encircled in the same turn as you encircle them for total destruction of equipment or do you have to finish the turn then attack the units for them to be counted as cut off from supply and unable to have enemy receive any equipment back?

Thank you,
Post #: 1
RE: Question for surrounding units for encirclement and... - 10/29/2018 1:23:54 AM   
sPzAbt653

Mod ??

Anyway, to answer your question, units must be Out of Supply to not send equipment back to the on-hand pool. In or Out of Supply is determined at the beginning of the turn during the Bookkeeping Phase, not during the turn.

(in reply to Journier)
Post #: 2
RE: Question for surrounding units for encirclement and... - 10/29/2018 2:10:16 AM   
Journier

thank you! Ive been trying to find the answer to this for a bit makes great sense now.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Question for surrounding units for encirclement and... - 10/29/2018 3:20:55 AM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Mod ??

Anyway, to answer your question, units must be Out of Supply to not send equipment back to the on-hand pool. In or Out of Supply is determined at the beginning of the turn during the Bookkeeping Phase, not during the turn.

That is not necessarily true. Read:

9.0.2 Player-Turn Equalization (AKA
“New Turn Order Rules”) (Optional)

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Question for surrounding units for encirclement and total destruction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI