Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FITE v.5.0 try 2 same sides as before

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: FITE v.5.0 try 2 same sides as before Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FITE v.5.0 try 2 same sides as before - 12/14/2018 12:04:52 AM   
SMK-at-work

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
... I think I read where tanks aren't allowed in wave one but you CAN drive them ashore once you capture the port. I'm going to have to anticipate this sort of tactic from now until the end of the game and there's a lot of unguarded ports between here and Koningsburg. ....

the house rule is you can't land tanks unless you own the port at the START of the move - so they can't be landed in the same turn the port is taken at all.

Shame the game has been stopped - was enjoying reading it.

I've never seen a game go to the summer of 1942, so not sure how the German war machine copes with "Case Blue" - but generally I think if the Soviets get to form a solid and deep line by the time you guys got to then the Axis is pretty screwed. A good indicator is whether the Sov's have enough troops to over-run Finland......

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 181
RE: FITE v.5.0 try 2 same sides as before - 12/18/2018 1:14:55 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

the house rule is you can't land tanks unless you own the port at the START of the move - so they can't be landed in the same turn the port is taken at all.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I learn something every day. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I sent an email to Ian to thank him for all the great games and he wrote back saying his christmass isn't going to be all that great this year because of the situation he finds himself in. Let's all send good vibrations his way.

if the human race ever does get to be space fairing and be able to visit other worlds, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 182
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: FITE v.5.0 try 2 same sides as before Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI